logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Community Talk > Dreamweaver Club Cafe
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2016, 03:31 AM   #1
edbr

Default Win 10

because the deadline for free updates is looming, i thought i'd throw caution to the wind and try it on my laptop. The thought was if i dont like it i will dual boot with Linux. I have done this for others as the found the whole updating process crippling. I guess i will see soon enough

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:10 AM   #2
edbr

50 /50 on rolling back to win 7 so far

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 07-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
d a v e

i found the update tool better than using windows update. even then it got stuck once. running it again and everything worked fine. updated ym home computer and my work computer.

since upgrading my whole computer (mobo, ram, gpu, cpu) i can actually play sc2 just great now.

i have had several crashes - rather freezes when playing games in the browser or e.g. starcraft. been cleaned my cpu fan cos thought it was that but happened since then even though cpu temp has been around 50 max (gpu fans don't even kick in - never got it above 60 or whatever the fan threshold is for ) puzzling - i can't remember the last time i had a freeze in windows 7 (maybe once) that wouldn't respsond - other than hitting the power switch to reboot... so could be a driver issue but everthing seems to be up to date. could be just win 10. otherwise though pretty happy with. seems a tad faster if anything though nothing concrete to go on.
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:15 AM   #4
edbr

I must say updating was easy. Basicaly i set it in motion on leavingh the office, left the internet on and it was ready for me when i came in the orning. I did an express install. I was surprised ythat it kicked out my bit defender anti virus and replaced with defender. I had a 3 year dollop of bit defender , but no biggee as i habve used the free version on other computers and been quite ok with it.
I did this on an old Toshiba diesel electric laptop, and have found win 10 much slower, so might be an equipment deficiency.
To be fair i havent run it much but with a Muslim holiday closing the office for a couple of days i will hopefully give it a try out proper.

My feelings though is what am i gaining, while pretty edge( or bonoor whatever its called) has not given much to the plot. and cortana is something i cant see me ever using, 9 personal preference there i know) as i never use voice on android or google so cant see it. and pretty as it is not sure the benefit is there.
well ill see over the next week i guess. although it will compete for my time with my latest desert concotion, fried wonto with crunchy peanut cream filling /with frozen lime yoghurt sorbet(?) Im thinking of adding a touch of chili in the next batch,. What do you think?

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 07-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
mahesh

Default Unable to down load dream weaver trial version

Hi All, i could not find a link to download dream weaver trial software, i am building a trial website. Please share the link if any
mahesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:29 AM   #6
edbr

seriously? apart from being off topic , you may have problems making a website if your tech skills cant use a search engine. o well
http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html
or free IDE
https://netbeans.org/downloads/
and i would definitely look at Blue griffon though i havent tried it
http://www.bluegriffon.org/#download

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 07-13-2016, 02:16 AM   #7
edbr

Getting back on topic. I played around a little with win 10 but i really cant see anything of note for me. problems i had with speed are gone, seems comparable with win7, cortana? no thanks. edge? meh.
Couple with the fact that Linuxmint have released a new version called sarah which is very nice. so i will at least will be dual booting

and i will interested in trying ubunto with unity 8 if thet iron out the bugs, looks very interesting

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 07-18-2016, 09:24 AM   #8
edbr

incase ant one wnats to see linux mint in action here's a video

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas