logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Dreamweaver General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
Hector The Inspector

Default Go back button/link

I have a page of item listings. Each listing has a small jpg thumbnail to show the item (150x110 pixels). You can click on the thumbnail to open an enlargement of the same jpg pic. The pic opens up in a new page. This new page is plain and doesn't have a banner or links. The only way to navigate off this page is to use the blue back button top L/H/ corner. Is there an simple way to create a button or link back to the previous page? Thanks for your time.
Hector The Inspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
d a v e

link would be helpful
sounds like a lightbox would be a better idea than a chromeless popup
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:10 AM   #3
edbr

i agree lightbox would do it . however if you wand a back you can use javascript
Code:
function goBack() {
    window.history.back();
}

<button onclick="goBack()">Back</button>
if it is a popup window where yoou have usedj avascript with open.window
you can close it using
Code:
function closeWin() {
    myWindow.close();
}

<button onclick="closeWin()">Close </button>

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:18 AM   #4
Hector The Inspector

Thank you for your suggestion. I think the lightbox is too time consuming for me to apply the settings to every thumbnail that I want to use in my listings. I have tried the Back Button and pop up texts from Behaviours. I would probably have to create a web page for each individual image. I am quite happy with the way it performs at the moment ie. Small thumbnail in the listings page and on click opens the same jpg in actual size in its own page(website\pic.jpg). My problem is that it opens in a completely empty page there is only the blue back button top L/H corner of the browser to get back to the previous listing page. I can't add a button or text message to this image/page. I could just leave it and let the surfer figure out that they have to use the blue arrow. If they click the red cross (top R/H side) it will close the browser completely. That would be really annoying. Cheers.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:33 AM   #5
d a v e

if Ed's suggestions don't fit your situation then post a link so we can see how it's (not) working
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
Hector The Inspector

Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't have a link. This web site is still in the early stages and it is not on the net yet. I'm still developing it and conquering my problems as they arise. I have decided to add these instructions as a foot note on my listings page "To Return To This Page - Use The Blue Arrow [IMG]file:///E:/OLD%20CAR%20MAGAZINES/OldCarMagazines%20Web%20Site/index_images/circle_arrow_left.jpg[/IMG] (Top L/H Corner) Above The Enlarged Image". Thanks again for your help.