logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Dreamweaver General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
GastonReeder

Default Text align help

I'm working on a website in CS6, and on the bottom of the homepage I am having an issue with the text centering. The link is http://temeculalowdown.com as you can see at the bottom of the page the text has moved off to the left. Does anyone know what might cause this? Or how it may be fixed? Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Gaston
GastonReeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
edbr

what text do you mean?

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
d a v e

i can't see it either
btw you might want to size and optimise those >3mb of pictures on the front page
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
GastonReeder

Ok I'll definitely do that. The text that I'm talking about is where "Temecula Low Down is here" is supposed to be in line with " To help you plan your night."
Old 10-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #5
edbr

you are using center justification so line length will change the start position. try justify left and set a padding if you want to adjust the text layout

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
d a v e

i assume you mean inline by inline with the centre and not in line with left edges? in which case you do need centre justification but i think it could be the floats aren't being cleared. you could put images with captions next to them in their own div - not the best semantically but possible the easiest to cope with.

i would also just centre all the text within the main container rather than applying classed to each paragraph

to be honest all centred text just isn't that nice to read and i would maybe stick with headings centred and normal body copy as left aligned anyway.

not sure why your menu items are displaying as comic sans on hover

at the moment it feels like the elements are drunkenly sprawled all over the page maybe try text above or below images rather than next to them
Old 10-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
d a v e

hmm won't accept my edits so i'l,l continue:

incidentally this site won't work very well on mobiles and i would assume a large proportion of your audience will be often browsing on their phones or ipads.

to be honest i would just go with a simple wordpress theme that will take care of most of your image and navigation issues and also look simpler and nicer - what you have is essentiall a blog or simple static web site anyway.

also your logo should not be a jpeg but a png-8 (not png-24) or a gif if you can't manage png

not sure what version of DW you're using but it's an old version of html and the doctype is old too I doubt using spry menus is a good idea either, sorry to say
Old 10-18-2014, 11:31 PM   #8
GastonReeder

Thanks guys. I appreciate all of the help. I've managed to get a move on things by justifying the text to the left and adding padding. I appreciate all of your help, seeing as I may be a bit out of my depth haha. Anyways, thanks again.... Your help really is appreciated.