logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Dreamweaver General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
Robin Chapple

Default Dreamweaver CC Problem

I am 84 and I am a Not For Profit user of Dreamweaver CC, I am not an IT 'guru', just a user.
Several days ago I had a problem which I placed on the Adobe "Live Chat" system. I was advised by an Adobe 'Agent' to use the 'cleaner' which I did. That left me with all the icons showing as broken links and a useless DW.
I then started a new 'chat' with an Agent which took 45 minutes and three times finished at a DW download icon to """ Download a free trial of Acrobat XI Pro """. I was asked if I had an IT team and had to reply that there was just me. I gave up at that point. I have a complete transcript of that chat.
I asked on a Dreamweaver mailing list and I have downloaded the program. When I open it I get the error message:
""" The application failed because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Use the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. """
That is all Greek to me. Can we get CC working?
As an alternative I have CS3, CS4 and CS5.5.
CS5.5 is still working on my old, standby, machine and when we moved into this Retirement Village we had to down size and I kept the discs and disposed of the boxes. Is there anyway to recover the serial number? The serial numbers were recorded but have been lost in the move.
Robin Chapple is offline   Reply With Quote