logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Dreamweaver General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
K.Simmonds

Default View page in any browser

I have been using Dreamweaver for years, and also Firefox. When I'm building pages, I press f12 to view the page in my browser. A couple of weeks ago I lost Firefox (don't know why - it just stopped working, which is driving me mad). I now use Opera. Yesterday I was making some changes to a web page and pressed f12 .... and it just froze. It seems the only browser linked to it is Firefox. How can I add Opera (to f12) so that I can view the page again ?
Old 06-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
edbr

edit>preferences> preview in browser. you can edit and also add a secondary broeser f11 i think

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
K.Simmonds

Thanks for the reply and sorry to be thick, but I've sat here trying to figure it out ........ but can't find out where Opera is. I went into preferences / Preview in Browser and I've added Opera in the name box, but in the box "Application" and entered ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe" and it says "Path does not specify an existing file". Can you see where I've gone wrong ???
Old 06-07-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
edbr

i just tried this and an option i found is right click a file, preview in browser. edit browser list in the dialogue box name it browse , mins is in c>program> opera >opera.exe use secondary browser

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 06-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #5
K.Simmonds

I tried that .... and I still get the message "The path does not specify an existing field".
Thanks for persevering by the way.

If I knew what had stopped Firefox working I'd be OK.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
Ricky55

Have you tried uninstalling Firefox? Uninstall, restart your PC and then download a fresh copy and try to install that. Or try Chrome that's better than opera.

To find out the path just right click on the shortcut from your desktop or start menu and choose properties this will give you the location of the exe.

Check out my blog for web design insights.
http://www.qwerty-design.co.uk/
Follow me on Twitter: @QwertyDesignUK
Ricky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
K.Simmonds

I've uninstalled and installed Firefox a few times, running CCleaner between each go. I've run Malware bytes, and CCleaner's reg cleaner ...... but it still won't work. It just locks my PC up, and nothing will work (not even ctrl / alt / del) so I have to shut it down. That can't be right can it ???? I don't like something not working on my PC

As for the Dreamweaver not previewing in Opera, I've tried everything suggested here, but I did exactly the same procedure with Chrome - and you're right it works. Still doesn't answer the problem of why it won't do it with Opera ....... or WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH MY FIREFOX ???

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #8
K.Simmonds

I decided to have a determined effort to get Firefox back tonight, and I did it - although it took about 3 hours (really). I clicked on Firefox, then waited for half an hour or more. Then clicked the menu button and waited another half hour. Then clicked on help and waited half an hour. Eventually got to "reset Firefox". Clicked on it, and it disappeared completely. So I went for a bath. Long story short ..... when I came back, it was working. I'm not exagerating about the time. Goes to show everything comes to he who waits !!!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #9
edbr

Glad our sorted. For future reference typing about: config into the address bar gives you fire foxes under belly including a reset to default which with hindsight might have helped you

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas