logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > PHP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 03:52 AM   #1
Chrismc

Question Connecting form to phpMyAdmin database on Godaddy.com

I am working on a web site for my father. I have a contact form I created in dreamweaver. Right now it sends an email to him once it is filled out. I need the form to also send the filled out information to his database on Godaddy.com. I have already created some tables in phpMyAdmin for the information to go in. I just need the info from the form to be sent there. I am aware that it involves some coding, but I am a beginner in that area. I am not sure what I need to do next. Any help I can get would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Christie
Chrismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
edbr

need a way to connect to the database, and an insert script. you can get the connection details from your hosting and user password that the data base will use

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
Chrismc

Question

godaddy hosts the website and supplied the database. All my files for the site are already at godaddy. I have the hosting username and password. What would the insert script be that I need? Where would I need to post that script?
Old 07-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
edbr

databases need permission and have user andpassword and you must edit permissions. if godaddy uses cpanel you should see a mysql link near the phpadmin link

as for the script , you will need to add the insert into the mail handling script

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 07-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Chrismc

Unfortunately, godaddy does not use cpanel. They use something called cloud hosting. I am very inexperienced in databases. I have read a book on mysql and one one phpMyAdmin. I got as far as setting up the tables and setting some of the parameters for the columns. The coding part I only slightly understand.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #6
edbr

ok but there still should be provision for giving permission for databases. as for inserting into a database its not that tricky but i suspect as you have a mailing script it wont be possible to use dreamweavers script wizard but we can probably help.
i will post a simple example of connect and insert when i have time omn Monday.
I usually recommend a look at tizag.com for tutorials as I think they give clear examples but also there are tutorials in the tut section on this forum

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 07-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #7
Chrismc

Thank you. I have attached a few screen shots of what my php looks like and the options I have once I sign in. From what I have been researching it looks as though I need to create some setup script so my database can connect with my Dad's website form. Then I need to give it directions on how to receive the form. My first problem is I don't know where to go to setup the script or what to put in the script to make the connection. Then I am not sure on the directions to give it. I will look for your post on Monday. In the meantime I will look into tizag.com you mentioned. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by Chrismc; 07-20-2013 at 09:07 PM..
Old 07-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #8
edbr

that looks like phpadmin, there is usually a different wat to give permissions on a server . i just have no experoience with godaddy but maybe someone else will. if i get timne ill have a look if they give some instruction

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 07-14-2013, 03:14 AM   #9
Chrismc

Thanks for offering to take a look when you get some time. I have also attached the contact form I set up in dreamweaver. When info gets submitted to this form I will need to have it not only go to my fathers email, (which it does now) but also get sent to the database.

Last edited by Chrismc; 07-20-2013 at 09:07 PM..
Old 07-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #10
edbr

they talk of a database publishing wizard, so it looks like it maybe that way, my eyes glazed over when i tried reading it. they should be able to help. I wonder if they allow a msqlite database?
I am now sure i would never use godaddy

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas