logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > Javascript and JS frameworks
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
dvillabon

Default JavaScript error while Inserting Records from database

Hi guys, I am fairly new to the coding world and I am currently in college studying web design. I have a project that I have to do in my web design class and I keep getting an error.

My project consists of creating a website that sells a product. In my case its a site that sells DVDs. We are supposed to created 4 pages. One called view.php where we show all our products using a database to pull all the information to it. Also creating a detail page called detail.php. Where you see more information about every single product also using the database to pull more information. The third is a page called Add.php, used to add products to the site and the database. And a fourth page called Edit.php used to edit any data in the database.

When I get to a certain point of my project I get this error. My professor wasn't able to figure out what it was either and I am hoping you guys can help me. I know I didn't really say much about the problem, it's just I don't know how to explain it. All this is completely new to me. Here is a screenshot of the error. If you guys can help me I would really appreciate it. Any info that you need I will try and answer. Thanks so much guys!

dvillabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
gentleone

Quote:
My professor wasn't able to figure out what it was either
Sigh... why is he teaching you then?

Anyways, I can't help you either, but I'm not a 'web design professor' so I don't have to be ashamed of that.

Can you post the code from formFieldsMenu.js here in the thread and highlight what you have on line 519? Would be easier for the JavaScript experts to help you if they can see the error.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
jmichae3

I brought up a cmd shell (you can do this with windows-logo-flag-key-F) and did
[code]
cd \program files\adobe
dir/s/b formfieldsmenu.js
and it turns out this file is not yours, but is part of dreamweaver's shared controls. so the bug is probably theirs. you can report it via the adobe wishform. Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form use IE to do it, nothing else works.
have you tried to apply adobe updates?
improperly<strong>nested<em>elements</strong>cause</em>
browser confusion (I believe the term is 'tag soup')!
jmichae3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
ranjan

Default Do you have any server behaviour extensions installed?

If so remove server behaviors installed one by one. one of those extensions is probably causing the problem.
ranjan is offline   Reply With Quote