logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > HTML and CSS
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
kenn213

Default CSS code hints in PHP

Hey Guys,

I've been getting into the habit of creating my style sheets as .php files and just including the CSS header at the top. This allows for a great amount of flexibility in design.

My problem is that when a .php file is used to hold CSS Dreamweaver won't give me code hints for the CSS. I'm hoping someone knows a way to enable CSS code hinting within .php files.

I'd basically like Dreamweaver to see my .php with a CSS header as a .css file. Any help is much appreciated.

-Kennedy
kenn213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
siteservant

Default pardon me

please pardon this reply. i am new here nd ws trying to get an answer to a question not already listed but cannot seem to start a new thread. can you help me out and i wish i had an answer for you. but i use dreamweaver8 portable and am having issues with a tutorial.
siteservant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
edbr

i dont understand the benefit of doing this. What is the advantage of this habit?

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #4
kenn213

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbr View Post
i dont understand the benefit of doing this. What is the advantage of this habit?
It is done so that a few variables can be declared and used as values throughout the sheet. For example if you have 10 different elements that all have the same background, border and text colors, its a lot easier to change it once in the variable than each place it appears in the CSS.

Also it allows for the calculation of shades of colors and other neat tricks. A forum software can make sure text color is always readable on whatever background the user picks dynamically.

I first saw the use in this tutorial.
kenn213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #5
edbr

ok . might be a price for that with dreamweaver i suspect.

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
siteservant

Default missmatch

I am learning to do dynamic interactive pages with software i have had now for some time. I have had computer access issues in the recent past so i switched from my dreamweaver 8 disc to a portable version on a jump drive. The missing manual Orielly and sawmac put out has by and large matched the screens of the software until now.
CSS stuff is relatively easy... in fact i am also reformatting my prior sites to CSS with templated pages for the various sections. (I have one site that is quite big)

my problem came up when i did the data base connections utilizing the sql.

The book asked me to click on a plus symbol near variables. The dreamweaver screen shows parameters. then the book shows a three item listing and what to input. but the dreamweaver screen shows a four item pop up and has four things to input. when i test the sql it fails telling me one or more variables hasnt been inputted. Since there is a difference between tutorial and program.... i have had to stop till i get an idea of what to do.

thanks
siteservant is offline   Reply With Quote