logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > PHP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
songboy

Default Session 'side effect' issue - what is it ?

Hi to everyone.
I'm testing my site on a remote host. Annoyingly, I keep having to solve problems which didn't occur when testing on localhost. The latest problem is more annoying than most because I don't seem to be able to find an explanation for it. On some pages I get a warning which refers to a
'session' side effect' linked to using an older version of php. This is odd because I was using a newer version of php. Anyway, the warning states this:
'Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data unless register_globals is enabled'.

I have found out methods to avoid this warning appearing but others have commented that this is just hiding a problem. Unfortunately, I have not yet found a clear 'script alteration' solution. I guess the real problem is that I don't understand the quote above and therefore I'm not really understanding the problem. Could someone give me a clear example of what the quote above is referring to ?
Pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks -
Songboy
songboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
songboy

I am still unable to fathom what is going on here. Anyway, the warning advises you to cancel some options which again, you can do in php.ini - that's what I did. My site still works.
All the best -
Songboy
songboy is offline   Reply With Quote