logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > SEO
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
shogun rua

Default Help optimizing my site

Hi Guy,

Ricky555 just done a great site for me, can anybody give me any tips on how to optimize it better?

www.pwtile.co.uk

Cheers

Paul
Old 06-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
johnMoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun rua View Post
Ricky555 just done a great site for me, can anybody give me any tips on how to optimize it better?
Yes, keep'm on the payroll & get him the information he asks for.

Your site scored a 33.5 WooRank analysis, which is pretty darn good for a brand new site. The next very big thing you could do to dramatically affect your search engine position is backlinks, or links to your site from other sites. Read up on that or call Rick & he'll explain it. There are additional things you can do but for the moment that's at the top of the list for organic positioning...
Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
shogun rua

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnMoss View Post
Yes, keep'm on the payroll & get him the information he asks for.

Your site scored a 33.5 WooRank analysis, which is pretty darn good for a brand new site. The next very big thing you could do to dramatically affect your search engine position is backlinks, or links to your site from other sites. Read up on that or call Rick & he'll explain it. There are additional things you can do but for the moment that's at the top of the list for organic positioning...
Ho John,

Thanks for the advice ive done those things as Rick advised, anything else you can suggest?
Ohh and hes still on the payroll lol

Cheers

Paul
Old 06-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
johnMoss

Plug your URL into the box on this site, and you'll learn lots about the process. But don't fret too much about what you see. Lotsa work involved; & beyond that some things take time, some take luck, & others most likely you just can't do, but it'll put you on the path toward your goal. In the end, getting visitors to your site is most important of all, & that means promotion. G' Luck!
www.woorank.com
Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
shogun rua

Hi John,

Thanks again, Richard has been helping me get somethings sorted
is there anything else on woorank you can see that maybe a quickfix for me?
Got it upto 40.9

http://www.woorank.com/en/www/pwtile.co.uk

Cheers

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnMoss View Post
Plug your URL into the box on this site, and you'll learn lots about the process. But don't fret too much about what you see. Lotsa work involved; & beyond that some things take time, some take luck, & others most likely you just can't do, but it'll put you on the path toward your goal. In the end, getting visitors to your site is most important of all, & that means promotion. G' Luck!
www.woorank.com
Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
johnMoss

You can continue in on items as you have found on WooRank, but you have covered all the big ones. Getting a .org backlink would be a big plus, but I don't know that you can submit a wikipedia article about your company. If you've done any work for a govermental agency, you could ask their webmaster for one, etc. With a score of over 40, and especially this new, you have already got an exceptional standing. Key now is visitors, and time. Promoting your site through advertising would be a good next step. You familiar with the best ways of doing that? Also, you oughta run your competitors site through the woorank, I'd be surprised if you weren't in the top 2 or 3 already...
Old 06-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
shogun rua

Hi John,

Thanks again for the help do you mean leaflets drops with my site on it?
Does the site ranking get high the more people click? and does it need to be Unique visitors?

Cheers

Paul

Promoting your site through advertising would be a good next step. You familiar with the best ways of doing that?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
johnMoss

Yes, yes, and yes... shaved legs standing on a street corner, whatever it takes.... kidding... sorta... A good point to make is site visitation is forever tallied, so the more visitors, the more relevant you become to the search in question, the better as time goes on. And fresh material helps as well. Site updates with new imagery, anything really, bottom line.. new is good. Don't have to go crazy with it, but updates, and especially new test copy, i.e. more, is a good thing.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
shogun rua

thanks John, whats new test copy?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
johnMoss

Truth be told, you're best advert resource is anything that will move you up the search engine results list. Do a search for service as you provide in your area & see how you fare. Remember your site is very new, so don't expect much, but with PPC you're wherever you want to be based on how much you're willing to spend, immediately. Also an excellent way to get indexed & organically placed by Google in a hurry...
Closed Thread