logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > Javascript and JS frameworks
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
tony09uk

Default Learning javascript?

I was thinking about creating a simple browser based game and instantly assumed that I should learn JavaScript to do this, I also thought it would be handy for such things as image rotators etc... But then I glanced at an article in a magazine which said JavaScript is becoming obsolete and HTML5 is taking its place. Can HTML5 do the two things I have mentioned. I have had a look around and can't find anything regarding making games (I realize thats probably for a different forum). I'm also concerned about display issues in older browser's.

Should I go to the effort of learning JavaScript?
tony09uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
m1a2x3x7

The article you read is completely wrong. In fact the HTML5 Canvas element uses JavaScript to create graphics and animation.

HTML5 and JavaScript pretty much go hand in hand. If you want to do online browser based gaming then yes you most definitely should learn JavaScript.

Check out this site: http://html5games.com/ you could not build these games with out JavaScript.
m1a2x3x7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
domedia
Administrator

Can you show us the article?

It's like saying fishing poles will be obsolete because of more advanced bicycles
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
tony09uk

It didn't seem right, but I know so little about this area I though id ask. I have had a look around for the article and can't find it, the amount articles/books I am reading to learn more is stupid. Alternatively another option is i mis-read the article. Still either you have cleared it up thanks.
tony09uk is offline   Reply With Quote