logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Dreamweaver General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
uneek78

Default Image Slideshow In Dreamweaver

I have the whole CS5 suite. I am new to it and Flash isn't simple at all. What would be considered the easiest way to create a slideshow with simple navigation buttons and how would I get it into Dreamweaver?

I'll try not to say this too often, but I can't help it. iWeb can do SOME of the things Dreamweaver can do with one simple mouse click that Dreamweaver requires you to do several advance operations for. Am I the only person wondering why? Just curious. Ignore this question if it sends you off the edge. Lol!
uneek78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
uneek78

Just wondering why a software so expensive is so user unfriendly. Simple things like dragging images and/or text and such around the page require near rocket science. I've gotten a lot better at it. Sorry, just venting a little. I feel like I'm working so hard and spinning circles sometimes.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
d a v e

"Simple things like dragging images and/or text and such around the page require near rocket science. " oh dear that worryingly sounds like iWeb uses lots of absolute positioning (not very friendly for resizing the window or different resolutions)

have you checked the extensions page on adobe.com for a gallery otherwise i would recommend lightbox http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
domedia
Administrator

I don't know iWeb, but it sounds like it's a tool for non-web people to make websites. Dreamweaver is a tool for web developers and designers, it won't magically make anything for you. I think Adobe might market DW as a WYSIWYG tool, where you can just click on stuff to make websites, but it's not really how it works.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
uneek78

Dave - I will try out lightbox and see what comes of it. I've tried Adobe Fireworks & Bridge so far. They make a slideshow, but those slideshows aren't made to be imported into Dreamweaver on a section of a specific webpage.

Domedia - I see what you're saying, but I don't understand why the complexity for specific tasks. It's like wanting to call my mom and instead of calling her I call someone else and ask them if they can call another person and ask that next person to call my mom and tell her I would like to talk to her and have her call me. Just seems like unnecessary steps to get the some outcome. I'm still learning so I'll get over it eventually.

Is there a venting area? Lol!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
uneek78

I'm seeing great hope in the adobe.com/exchange area. I will keep trolling through there. Good free apps too!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
DWcourse

Here's a video tutorial: Adding a Colorbox jQuery slideshow in Dreamweaver (it's not tirvial)

Also check out the Dreamweaver Extensions. I believe there's one for adding a Thickbox slideshow that is fairly straightforward.