logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Spry
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
micahned77

Default Horizontal Menu Bar not styled

Hi there, I am somewhat new to web design but I've been helping a friend update his business's page recently. We use Dreamweaver CS3 and our hosting is thru GoDaddy.

My problem appears when I try to insert a horizontal menu bar (Insert>Spry>Menu bar) so that a dropdown menu will appear when I hover over an option, much like the top menu on the GoDaddy homepage, among others. It works correctly when I preview my page in a browser from Dreamweaver, (Firefox, IE) but when I actually upload my page to the GoDaddy servers and view it, it shows up not as a bar with hidden options, but as a long unformatted vertical list.

The site in question is here: www.notyouraveragebookkeeper.com/indextabs

I thought it might be a problem with CSS, but I made sure that all of the style sheets are properly uploaded to the servers, and I made sure that my browser accepted any Javascript applets. I've also tried it with CS5. Like I said, I am an amateur in every sense of the word and I'm still learning technical terms for things so some of my jargon may be a bit flawed. I have done a good bit of online research in forums and otherwise, and I've tried solutions that have been given to similar problems. Maybe someone could view the source code and find out where I've gone wrong, or suggest tips to identify problems in Dreamweaver. I feel like the problem lies within the Spry framework, but I have very little knowledge on how it works or what it does.

Any assistance in this regard would be extremely helpful and appreciated.
micahned77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
DWcourse

I'm going to assume you didn't use Dreamweaver to upload your pages because your CSS file is at http://www.notyouraveragebookkeeper....Horizontal.css

But your link to it points to SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css

Code:
<link href="SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarHorizontal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Fix that and your menu should work.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
micahned77

Ah, that was extremely helpful and solved my problem. I also had to change the link in line 5, /SpryMenuBar.js in addition to line 7 which you mentioned. And indeed, I wasn't uploading directly through Dreamweaver, I was using the FTP client directly on GoDaddy's website. Again, I really appreciate the quick response, it's gotten me over this obstacle.
micahned77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
DWcourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahned77 View Post
And indeed, I wasn't uploading directly through Dreamweaver, I was using the FTP client directly on GoDaddy's website. Again, I really appreciate the quick response, it's gotten me over this obstacle.
The advantage of using DW's ftp is that, if you have the site set up correctly, it will maintain the relationships between files and folders. The disadvantage is that it can be slow.