logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Web Hosting and FTP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
RainForest

Default html upload OK, pdf upload no go

Hello,

I've been using DW CS3 for a couple of years. Late last year we got new computers running Windows 7, and I've had no problems with DW.

This morning I was doing the same thing I've done twice a month since I started using DW: I uploaded an html file. No problem. Then I tried to upload a pdf file, and it won't upload.

The error message I get is "File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed."

No settings have been changed since the last time I used DW a couple of weeks ago. What could possibly be going wrong?

Update: It seems that some html files are not uploading either. So there's no consistency to what I'm experiencing...

Last edited by RainForest; 03-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: additional info
RainForest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
DWcourse

Well, I'd suspect an issue with the server. Is it timing out after attempting to upload or? Try checking out the Window>Results>FTP Log and see if you can figure out what's going on.

Also, is it possible you've exceeded you storage limit on the server?

Have you checked with the hosting company?
Old 03-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
RainForest

DWcourse,

Thanks for the response. I don't know what the problem was. I tried re-uploading today, and the file went with no problem. Perhaps it was just a bad connection. I hope it doesn't recur!

Thank you!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #4
johnMoss

RF, my vote is it was definitely the server... If it happens again, get on the horn with them first.
johnMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
RainForest

Hi John,

Yeah, we've had LOTS of trouble with our host in the past year or so, and in fact we're in the process of moving because of all the issues. Hopefully this type of problem will disappear once we're set up with our new host!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
amk2010

well i think its good decision to move to another host but again, Customer technical support is a major criteria which should not be ignored during selection of a web host.

Last edited by amk2010; 04-06-2011 at 09:19 AM..
amk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
RainForest

We completed the move to a new host. It's gone relatively smoothly, but I did find need of tech support during the migration process, and found that I went round and round with support - each time a different person responded, so there was no continuity in getting each issue resolved. That's usually a recipe for frustration, because each new tech responds in the same manner as the one before - been there, done that!

All in all, we are so far happy with the move, and are hoping it works out for us on a long-term basis. We'll just have to try to not have to deal too much with the support department...