logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Web Hosting and FTP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Kovu

Default upload problem

Ok so I tried to publish my site but when I select my files and try to upload them by pressing ''put'' I get these errors :s
it has nothing to do with firewall because if i check Passive ftp then I get other problems

Anyone familiar with this problem?

These are the errors I get:

HTML Code:
products.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put products.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
news.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put news.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
najma_layout_content.css - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put najma_layout_content.css.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
najma_layout.css - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put najma_layout.css.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
Najma-layout-sliced2.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put Najma-layout-sliced2.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
index.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put index.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
halal.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put halal.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
copyright.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put copyright.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
contact.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put contact.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
company.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put company.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
about_us.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put about_us.html.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
/Templates - error occurred - Unable to create server folder /Templates.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
/Templates/ - error occurred - Unable to create server folder /Templates/.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem.   Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
Templates\Main_layout.dwt - user cancelled

File activity incomplete. 13 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 13
products.html
news.html
najma_layout_content.css
najma_layout.css
Najma-layout-sliced2.html
index.html
halal.html
copyright.html
contact.html
company.html
about_us.html
/Templates
/Templates/
Kovu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Corrosive

Have you investigated this
Quote:
Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
??
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Kovu

Yes I did but since I'm new I have no clue what to investigate
(kinda like sending a cat to search for illigale drugs)
so I contacted my host provider to do the investigating
Old 01-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovu View Post
kinda like sending a cat to search for illigale drugs
Ha, ha yes. Good (and fair) point! Good idea to see what your hosts say. The other thing is that DW FTP can be a bit flaky at times. I use filezilla usually.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Kovu

I think if the problem is still there I might try filezilla out
Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
DWcourse

Also make sure you have defined the remote server directory correctly in the site definition. You could be trying to ftp to the wrong directory on the server.

What are the other problems you get when checking Passive FTP?
Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Kovu

thx for the heads up the host provider asked me to send some screenshots from my advanced tab and where you type in server name and such, now I just have to wait.. as far as my knowledge goes I should have done everything correctly in site definition.. I hope

If I check passive FTP and I push the test button all I get is 'waiting for server' and then I get a 'failed to connect' notice if I leave it unchecked I get 'succesfully connection' notice
Old 01-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
DWcourse

What does the file list in the remote (left side) part of the files window show when you are connected? Does it have a directory called public_html, www or something similar?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
Kovu

anon_ftp
cgi-bin
error_docs
httpdocs
httpsdocs
private
statistics
subdomains
vault_scripts
web_users
and a document called .Security

no public_html should there be? :s
Old 01-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
DWcourse

No, that's a slightly different set up. You server directory should be set to /httpdocs/

That's the directory that will hold your website. All that stuff you're seeing now is configuration files.