logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Web Hosting and FTP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
AlexC

Default Server Suggestions?

I'm putting up a new site and am looking for a good server that offers a free shopping cart where I can hack the CSS and customize it's look... or something that just has various options in the look. It's a very small site with a very small store. This is my first time with this.

Thanks!
AlexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
edbr

there are many free shopping carts i use prestashop by preference

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
blake

If I read your post correctly you're looking for a host with free shopping carts?
If so, here are two that we use and can recommend with fast servers.. They both have Softaculous and Fantastico in their cpanels that have free shopping carts. Hostmantis seems to be the fastest and both host have excellent prices. Prestashop is also good.

Hostmantis http://www.hostmantis.com

KVCHosting http://www.kcvhosting.com
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #4
AlexC

Thanks!
I looked into Prestashop but i don't want to bother with php or mysql to make the data base.

Just to clarify, I have an existing site already that I'm going to put up. Want to add a cart to it, as opposed to building it around the cart, and need to be able to customize it's look.

Both hosts looked fine. What's up with kvc offering free hosting for 300MB and under?
Old 12-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #5
AlexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
If I read your post correctly you're looking for a host with free shopping carts?
If so, here are two that we use and can recommend with fast servers.. They both have Softaculous and Fantastico in their cpanels that have free shopping carts. Hostmantis seems to be the fastest and both host have excellent prices. Prestashop is also good.

Hostmantis http://www.hostmantis.com

KVCHosting http://www.kcvhosting.com
Also, being new to this i'm figuring out the structure of what i get with a server. I'm unfamiliar with cPanel. As I understand it, this is where I control certain aspects of my site, and through it, among many other things, I can access a provider like Softaculous to install a shopping cart like zencart? I imagine I'll get a better pic when I start but am I close to understanding this or am I off?
Thanks.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
blake

Cpanel could be the heartbeat of your site on a server. Pretty much everything is in there to run your site per say an Admin Panel.
In the cpanel it will have many options, if you go with a good host like the ones I gave you, it will have Softaculous which has a lot of things you can use on your site. Several shopping carts, forums, image galleries, etc. Usually just a click and it self installs for you. I know in the Hostmatis and KVCH cpanels they also have a lot of videos to show you how to do everything.
We use over 30 hosting companies and those are the best two at the prices and they have excellent support and fast servers.
Personally I would go with Hostmantis because they're not unlimited and you know up front what you're paying for. I am no way affiliated with either except clients hosted with them. Google the reviews on them.
I would pick a host that best fits your needs. Contact the host and ask them questions until you find one that suits your needs best.
Merry Christmas Everyone! and have a safe on.
blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
dressale
Banned

if you go with a good host like the ones I gave you, it will have Softaculous which has a lot of things you can use on your site. Several shopping carts, forums, image galleries, etc. Usually just a click and it self installs for you. I know in the Hostmatis and KVCH cpanels they also have a lot of videos to show you how to do everything

Last edited by Corrosive; 12-24-2010 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: removed spam sig
dressale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #8
AlexC

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Really helped me figure out what to look for.