logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Spry
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
spyderwebs

Default Spry tabbed panels height/resolution issue

How can i make main content height adjust to fit varying height of spry tabbed panels automatically for different screen resolutions. Ie with 1220 X 768 the panels and main content fill to the bottom of screen but any greater resolution leaves a white space at the bottom. Auto height for main content and container doesn't do it?
spyderwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
spyderwebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderwebs View Post
How can i make main content height adjust to fit varying height of spry tabbed panels automatically for different screen resolutions. Ie with 1220 X 768 the panels and main content fill to the bottom of screen but any greater resolution leaves a white space at the bottom. Auto height for main content and container doesn't do it?
I am using a liquid layout with header/footer set to 100%. I have the main content set at 75% with the tab panels 100% within the main. The problem occurs since the panel expands and contracts with screen resolution and hence overlapping ,or not, the main content so I have to set the main content lengh to cope with the smallest( I've chosen 1220px) screen reolution.Hence with larger resolutions/wide screen the main is longer than it needs to be since the panels are now shorter. Obviously i could solve the problem by making the main content a fixed width but it won't produce the same layout/reolution. What's the answer folks??
Old 12-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Corrosive

This is why liquid layouts can be very tricky to get right. Personally I go fixed width.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
spyderwebs

yes i could but surely the problem is only because I have a % width for the main content
Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderwebs View Post
yes i could but surely the problem is only because I have a % width for the main content
My post wasn't really an answer but an observation. I was just saying I avoid % widths because they are hard to control. Mixed px width and % width I find even harder. I'm sure someone will be able to help you though.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote