logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Web Hosting and FTP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
rkane136

Default Problem with files uploaded

So I am almost finished with my website, the only thing I have not done is set up the links for each page. I decided to go ahead and buy a domain name and web hosting using godaddy.com... I previously used 000webhost but I decided to change the hosting to something better (godaddy). So I changed the nameservers to go daddys for my domain, and proceeded to call their customer service to help me upload the files. With my files I have 7 .htmls that correspond to 7 .css. and I have an image folder with about 40 .gif files. I uploaded all of them using their FTP client, and then renamed my home.html to index.html like they told me to. The onnly problem is all the images for my site are now showing up, I used a template from Free Css .com.. shouldnt matter.. anyways this is what my site looks like ("interview-me.org") its a site about helping to get people jobs, and write their resumes. Its all white and none of the style sheets or images are loading.. please help me get my online business off the ground!!

P.s I use dreamweaver 8, have windows vista, Domain purchased from godaddy.com, hosting via godaddy.com.
rkane136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
edbr

<link href="Home.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

that is incorrect path

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
rkane136

can you elaborate please. Ok so that is an incorrect path. What is the correct one, when i preview my site it comes up just fine. the Css document I am using is called Home.css, so why isnt that correct? sorry that Im new to this, can you explain more please? I am only useing the Home.css for all my .htmls now. they appear normal in DW, I uploaded again and look at the site now, no banner other things are missing. looks better than it did though
Old 07-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
edbr

no its showing now when i checked earlier that url was bringing a 404 warning, file not found.
if i search for this it also poduces a 404 so check your images are uploaded to the correct named folders

http://interview-me.org/images/banner.jpg

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
rkane136

haha check it out now!!!! thank you so much, i simply made that folder in my directory, and it all worked out great, much appreshiated!!!!