logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Community Talk > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
jackonl

Unhappy multiple links opening in the 1 iframe

Hi, Iam trying to open different pages in the one iframe from links on the same page (34 ) in total.
I have all of the documents ready,
my first iframe doc is coded in this form and works fine:
<iframe src="../Artists/Beeldhouwers/PepeGregoire/SlideShow/index.html" name="IFRAME1" width="500" marginwidth="0" height="525" marginheight="0" align="center" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" hspace="0"></iframe>
All of my links on the page are coded in this manner:../Artists/Schilders/HeleneGregoire/SlideShow2/index_2.html
target is IFRAME1 .
THE PROBLEM THAT I AM HAVING IS THAT WHEN THE LINKS ARE CLICKED THEY OPEN IN A SEPERATE PAGE IN PLACE OF "IFRAME1"

I have recentely tried adding code in the following manner to attempt to connect the links to open in the same iframe on the page:
<iframe"<Ahref="page1_PepeGregoire" target="IFRAME1" title="../Artists/Beeldhouwers/PepeGregoire/SlideShow/index.html"> Link 1</A>
<A href="page2_HeleneGregoire" target="IFRAME1" title="../Artists/Schilders/HeleneGregoire/SlideShow2/index.html".Link 2</A>
<A href="Page3_HuibvanderStelt" target="IFRAME1" title="../Artists/Schilders/Huib van der Stelt/SlideShow/index.html">Link 3</A>
<A href=" (and so forth) >width="500" marginwidth="0" height="525" marginheight="0" align="center" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" hspace="0"></iframe>
Still keep having the same problems.
I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out with this?
Steven

Last edited by jackonl; 05-01-2010 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Typo's
jackonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
gentleone

Your anchor links are not right the way you have them now.

HTML Code:
<A href="page2_HeleneGregoire" target="IFRAME1"  title="../Artists/Schilders/HeleneGregoire/SlideShow2/index.html".Link  2</A>
This should be something like this:
HTML Code:
<a href="../Artists/Schilders/HeleneGregoire/SlideShow2/index.html" target="IFRAME1"  title="Helene Gregoire">Link 2</a>
What also could cause your problem is that you're loading index.html pages into the iframe. The landing page if you type in your doman should be the index.html file and your subpages you call for instance helene-gregoire.html, huib-van-der-stelt.html, pepe-gregoire.html, etc.

Last edited by gentleone; 05-02-2010 at 06:33 AM..
gentleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
jackonl

Thanks gentleone, I will give it a try
Old 05-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
jackonl

Question multiple links opening in the 1 iframe

Well gentleone I have tried what you suggested plus quite a few other variations, still have the same problem?
It is driving me I know it does not have to be terribly complicated but the light does not go on ,thanks anyway, I will just have to keep trying and hope that I have an AH-AH moment ,
Perhaps I am just entereing the code in the wrong area or leaving a tag outof context,
Just do not know!!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
gentleone

Do you have the page online somewhere, so that we can have a better look?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 AM   #6
jackonl

No: at the moment I do not!
I am building it as a replacement for an active site, and I do not want to launch it with Problems that are unresolved.( I feel that, that would be detrimental to the current site)
Old 05-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
gentleone

If you save the page as for example index-new.html and upload it to the web server, than you can access that page by typing www.thedomain.com/index-new.html. Of course change 'thedomain' with the url of the web site. The live site won't be disrupted or anything if you do it like this.