logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Photoshop
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
paulprice85

Default Client manages/creates documents

Hello all, firstly, please advise if I am in the wrong place as this technically covers a few pieces of software.

I'm designing a site and aim to set up a content management system for the client so they can add/amend content. In Dreamweaver I've designed with a lightbox gallery system but it is the actual images/spreads in the opened lightbox that will be designed in PS or AI. Any ideas how they can add/change these lightbox images without getting too technical with PS or AI?

Please see sample of lightbox here http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

My only concern is that the content to the gallery when open will contain not just 1 photo but maybe 2 or 3 in one lightbox window along with some text.

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated
paulprice85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
d a v e

depends on how proficient your client is with illustrator and photoshop. if you're putting 2-3 images in your lightbox as one image, then you'll have to combine them as one in PS/AI not in lightbox. without seeing more about what type of images they are (photos with text, diagrams... ?) it's hard to say
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
paulprice85

yeah, it would be for instance an 800x600 white background with 3 jpeg's spaced out with a grey bar at the bottom with some text in. sorta laid out like these... http://www.aboutpaul.co.uk/WorkPage.html

But I was thinking maybe lightbox 2 would make the images a bit more manageable so you could flick left and right from image to image. So they could just upload new pics or change them, but altering and adding text I'm not so sure
paulprice85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
d a v e

well if they have basic skills in photoshop then it shouldn't be too difficult and if they aren't afraid of diving into a bit of html shouldn't pose too much of a problem if you "train" them: afterall, they'll only be altering the the title attribute each time, as long as they feel comfortable ftping.

if they feel this is beyond them then offer to do the updates for them for a monthly or per item fee
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote