logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Web Design
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
Interstellar Icon

Question Using image as page background

Hi All,

I have a challenge in trying to accommodate a client's request, so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone can provide any suggestions. First, here's the current version of the page I'm working on:

Here's the challenge: My client wants the sunrise image only as the background for the page itself. (I currently have it in triplicate in the background, along with the solid image in the upper-right corner.) At present, the background image is too faint to be discernible - but when I increase the opacity, it obscures the text. Any ideas on how I can honor my client's wishes, and also publish a decent web page?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Sam
Interstellar Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
d a v e

you can't really - which is why you hardly ever see those kinds of backgrounds with body text over them.

also you shouldn't use bold italic text for main copy: bold OR italic are for emphasis only for picking out some text within the main body of text.

explain to your client that if they want this then the text will be barely legible at best, and that it just isn't a workable idea, assuming of course that they want their text to be read
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 AM   #3
Interstellar Icon

Thanks Dave. Thanks, too, for the tip on italic. I was trying to make the message look more "personal", but I realize now that this wasn't the way to go. I'm going to try using a different font, which hopefully will have the right effect.

Sam
Interstellar Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
Corrosive

You are in serious danger of designing yourself into a corner with this one IMO.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Rob_Che

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
You are in serious danger of designing yourself into a corner with this one IMO.
I would agree with that - I can't believe you're still working on this page! It must be a year or more when we were talking about how to tone down those leaves!!!???
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote