logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Flash
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
songboy

Red face I need a free Flash mp3 player.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a free Flash mp3 player which I can add as an object or embed into a html page template. I need to be able to generate the playlist by using php/mysql to grab the file address/roots from the database and then get the files from the relevant folders. As such, I need the codes to play with.
I've found one which costs about 20 but they don't give you any codes.
I also need a player which will stop users gaining access to the song files (well, that's what I've read recently).

PS I found a video file which explains clearly how to go about making your own. The only problem is that he is using Flash CS4 and I've only got the Flash that came with the STUDIO 8 suite. Would I still be able to create one that would function correctly with my Flash version ?
Any advice will be gratefully received.
Songboy
songboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
gentleone

Activeden still sells for a reasonable price Flash mp3 players (thus including .fla source files) that you can open with Flash 8. Although there is hardly a mp3 player that uses PHP/MySQL. They're all XML driven.
gentleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
cocoonfx

google it, there a 1000's of free ones which are available i found one which you just update the xml sheet and you can put the file name and ablum name.
cocoonfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
Rob_Che

What is it that you want to do? Play one track or have a full mp3 player?

it depends whether you want to brand it yourself. I use a premiumbeta one on some site premiumbeat.com/flash_resources/free_flash_music_player/

They have a PB logo on though. Google also do one that you can link to remotely so you can play an mp3 in any page without having the .swf even on your server - eg: Google Player embed

Have fun...
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
songboy

Default Reply to Rob

I came across premiumbeat the other day and have it on my favourites. I will now have to have a look at this as I've spent two weeks seeking and setting up a player by 'Reality Software' only to find that it is a continuous player ie you can't feed it one song at a time. I thought I could create something to 'fool' it but now I'm confused about my whole concept of storing the music files (mainly because I need to perform different 'file getting' tasks depending on what someone wants).
I'm not bothered about the logo for PB (it says you can buy it without the logo - might do it) but if it says 'single player', will it play one song at time depending on which song is chosen from a list - that's what I need. I'll check out the google thing - can you make the player image appear where you want it ?

Thanks for the reply -
Songboy
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Rob_Che

Quote:
Originally Posted by songboy View Post
it says 'single player', will it play one song at time depending on which song is chosen from a list - that's what I need.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songboy View Post
I'll check out the google thing - can you make the player image appear where you want it?
I'm not sure I know want you mean Youcan put it anywhere and as many times as you like...
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
songboy

Default re players

Thanks Rob, I'll try the PB one first.
Songboy