logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > Javascript and JS frameworks
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Boondawg128

Default Javascript Rollout Menu disappears behind rest of page

I work for a not-for-profit company and we have very little experience using dreamweaver or javascript, so please forgive us for what may seem like a novice question. Any help would be appreciated.

We have a JavaScript rollout menu and on our home page (www.chathamcapitoltheatre.com); when the menu is extended (rolled out) into the middle of the page, there is a YouTube embedded video that blocks the menu from being viewed. You either have to refresh the page or try to use the rollover feature a couple of times before the menu appears over the YouTube embedded video and not under it.

Is there a way around this?

Please remember we are novices, so any step-by-step advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Boondawg128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
gentleone

Your answer lies in the following thread:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum...ad.php?t=34353

You have to add wmode:transparent to the embed YouTube script. In the thread you see where you have to put it.
gentleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Boondawg128

Default Still no luck

Thanks - I tried it, but it did not work - the JavaScript rollout menu is still partially blocked (please visit chathamcapitoltheatre.com to see what I am talking about) after I tried adding the parameter. Below is how the code looks after inserted the "wmode" parameter:

<object width="425" height="344">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qGOgKhiVFU&hl=en&fs=1&">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent">
<embed src="
http://www.youtube.com/v/0qGOgKhiVFU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>>
</object>

Was my syntax wrong? Is there something I am missing? Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your input, it is appreciated. Please remember I am new to all of this. Thanks again.

P.S. For the purposes of this forum, I made the parameter bold and in green and the rest of the code in red, so it could be more easily distnguished.
Boondawg128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
domedia
Administrator

HTML Code:
<param name="wmode" value="opaque">

This is whayt you have on the page you linked to.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote