logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 03:48 AM   #1
halchka1

Default Which program is used for what kind of design?

Hello I'm new to the forum. I'm not sure where i ask questions but this seems like the best place. I recently obtained the adobe creative suite 4 package. Can anyone describe what kind of design each of the programs is actually used for? Dreamweaver and photoshop is obvious, but what's adobe illustrator, adobe indesign, and adobe after effects used for? A couple of them look like they have the same user interface as photoshop. Thank you for your time.
halchka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
cocoonfx

Sure

InDesign = Publications such as Newsletter, Flyers, Brochures, Magazines
Bridge = Browser to show files and images with properties
Flash = Animation, interactive content, movies etc...
Dreamweaver = Web Design coding such has html,java,php etc.. etc..
Photoshop = Graphical editing, image enhancements
Illistrator = Vector images, i.e creating logos,images for adverts, websites etc..
Contribute = Content management tool

Think thats all the packages.... other people may have better descriptions.
cocoonfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
domedia
Administrator

The package did not come with this information?
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
d a v e

and you bought it all without knowing what it all does?*
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
domedia
Administrator

I don't have the whole suite, but I can't imagine they would ship it with at least some basic info on what the applications actually do.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #6
DWcourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by domedia View Post
I don't have the whole suite, but I can't imagine they would ship it with at least some basic info on what the applications actually do.
or that folks would buy it without already having that info!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
itsonlyme

Its so nice to find another forum where people are polite, respectful and lacking in the sarcasm that some other forums have .... sigh .... so what if those are your thoughts ..... domedia/dave don't belittle him/her ..... I cringed when I read your comments to the new forum user. Unnecessary even if you did think they could have found the answer for themselves. Not everyone know what vector imaging is or even content managment. If you cant be genuinely helpful (which you are not) then why say anything at all?

and you bought it all without knowing what it all does?* ....
The package did not come with this information? .....

Then why did he ask . I come across so many forums where people try to be funny(at least that is their excuse) or clever or to show people up by pointing out their faults or what they should do or should not do, that it just makes you, the posters, out to be ignorant becuase you lack respect. Do you know how much courage it can take a new person to make that first post. You dont even welcome him.

cocoonfx = you show true respect for the poster and you have helped by answering his question best you can .. the other two have just been ignorant people who have done their best to belittle or humilate someone by pointing out what "they" thing is obvious and should have been done. I am sure you will probably use the excuse of "tongue in cheek" but believe me, (a) that is not how it comes across in the written word and (b) no need for those comments anyway.
itsonlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
cocoonfx

no problem... this is a good forum... stick with the forum as it is very useful.
cocoonfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
DWcourse

itsonlyme, sorry if I offended you but I wasn't trying to be humorous I'm just amazed that someone would spend $1700 to $2500 on a software package and not know what it does. Although I supposed there are other ways to "obtain" the suite.

I think you will find people here friendly, helpful and amazingly tolerant of noobs.

However, it seems to me that your comment is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. In your first post you criticize people without showing them the respect of first learning what they've actually contributed here. My point is that when you've got 1,000 (or over 7,000) posts, you've probably helped a lot of folks.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #10
domedia
Administrator

I guess all forums have their own culture. I'd like to think that we're friendly most of the time, altough there might be times when people, me included, might answer a post when were in the wrong mood.

When that is said, this is not a support forum, but I think you'll find that this one is friendlier than most.

For me personally, I already said I don't have the creative suite, but I would imagine explanations came with the package.
Can anyone confirm if it comes with this or not?
If the info comes with it, I would advice reading it. And I'm not being sarcastic. This is good advice imho, a good practice for whatever you buy.
You can't figure the VCR out? RTFM

Apart from that I completely agree with dwcourse and dave on the thoughts about buying the whole suite without knowing what it is, although it might not have been a personal purchase but maybe a gift or purchased from the company you work for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlyme View Post
Its so nice to find another forum where people are polite, respectful and lacking in the sarcasm that some other forums have .... sigh .... so what if those are your thoughts ..... domedia/dave don't belittle him/her ..... I cringed when I read your comments to the new forum user. Unnecessary even if you did think they could have found the answer for themselves. Not everyone know what vector imaging is or even content managment. If you cant be genuinely helpful (which you are not) then why say anything at all?

and you bought it all without knowing what it all does?* ....
The package did not come with this information? .....

Then why did he ask . I come across so many forums where people try to be funny(at least that is their excuse) or clever or to show people up by pointing out their faults or what they should do or should not do, that it just makes you, the posters, out to be ignorant becuase you lack respect. Do you know how much courage it can take a new person to make that first post. You dont even welcome him.

cocoonfx = you show true respect for the poster and you have helped by answering his question best you can .. the other two have just been ignorant people who have done their best to belittle or humilate someone by pointing out what "they" thing is obvious and should have been done. I am sure you will probably use the excuse of "tongue in cheek" but believe me, (a) that is not how it comes across in the written word and (b) no need for those comments anyway.