logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Community Talk > Job Offers and Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
googlefoundme

Default installing starbox

i found this "http://www.nickstakenburg.com/projects/starbox/"

it looks like it would be great for my site... i understand there are a few ways of installing it including somthing called Google AJAX Libraries API, which may save me bandwidth and from what i understand also automatically updates the software versions...

but i dont understand the install process or what the heck the googleajax is all about. has anyone previously written a simple walk-thru on installing it for someone who does not understand all of the terms.
googlefoundme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
googlefoundme

i have learned that this plugin is a process of using a combination of javascript and MY SQL which is far too intense to explain in any one given post. in addition to creating a rating system, i would also like to use this pluging to create top 10 lists and this is obviously going to talk alot of experiance... i would like to open up this post for bids from someone to talk to over the phone so you can walk me thru understanding each process and helping me install it for how i would like it to function... i think this process would take about an hour and will take bids @ payment arrangements are negotiable, thanks.

Anthony

Last edited by edbr; 07-17-2012 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: deleted email as request
Old 09-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
domedia
Administrator

I can guarantee that learning JS, including the Ajax parts, and how to design server side applications along with the languages needed is going to take more than one hour :-/

Get some good books and start studying. Set aside plenty of time.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:09 AM   #4
googlefoundme

Some might say the same thing about getting to know Dreamweaver but a few youtube videos and about 2 hours of time got my first page up and running. I have a small understanding of how it works already and belive someone with the experiance could run me thru the process quite fast. In the mean time I will be working hard at studying this technology for sure.