logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Web Hosting and FTP
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
jhodgert

Default DW 8 "putting" files in the wrong location

Hi all. Hope someone can help.

I am maintaining a website for my work using Dreamweaver 8. The issue I am having involves the "put" command.

The site is defined and, as far as I can tell, my local directory structure matches the remote structure. However, when I "put" pages up to the site, they are not saved in the correct directories. For example:

Local file: site\articles\article22.html (made up)

Does not get "put" into site/articles/ when using the put command. Instead, DW is creating a second "articles" folder in which the article22.html page gets located.

Then, in remote view, I end up having to drag the html file to the proper folder and delete the duplicate "articles" folder.

In situations where it is a page update (not a new page), draging the file to the proper folder does not work because DW will not overwrite the existing file. I have to delete the existing before replacing it with the new.

I know this is wrong, and it might be in how the site is defined. I just hope someone has had a similar issue and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jason
jhodgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
jhodgert

Default fixed it

Just to close the loop. I found the problem. Silly mistake on my part. I misidentified the root folder on the remote server. All is well now.
jhodgert is offline   Reply With Quote