logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Community Talk > Job Offers and Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
up4dw

Default css tutor wanted

I have several sites and several companies. I have manged to muck my way through enough to get some sites up and running. One in particular I am happy with most of the look and feel but want to go table less with css. I have a lot of little nit picky things that bother me as well. I am looking for sort of a go to teacher for a long term working relationship.

here is an example of a page I want to keep the look of while dumping the tables.

http://www.hardydiesel.com/diesel-ge...generator.html

Loren

Solar Electric
up4dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
davidj

the chances of finding a teacher in your vicinity is slim

whats your budget regarding one to one training
Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4dw View Post
I have several sites and several companies. I have manged to muck my way through enough to get some sites up and running. One in particular I am happy with most of the look and feel but want to go table less with css. I have a lot of little nit picky things that bother me as well. I am looking for sort of a go to teacher for a long term working relationship.

here is an example of a page I want to keep the look of while dumping the tables.

http://www.hardydiesel.com/diesel-ge...generator.html

Loren
To be honest you probably just need a 'shove' in the right direction for an hour or so and then I think you'd probably be happy to go off and build on your knowledge by using the forum and some good tutorials. The first step in understanding what CSS is and does an then how to apply it to DW.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Rob_Che

With all due respect, to rebuild that site in CSS would be very simple - in fact you would resolve a lot of the issues you have by using CSS.

This place is all you need - just fire questions day or night, there's often a reply within a few hours. The general rule is "struggle for no more than an hour before asking for help then moving on to something else..."

Rob
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
davidj

ive been moving on to something else for the last 10 years!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
Rob_Che

I always wonder... who do the IT guys go to for help with computers? (it's certainly not the designers!)
Old 02-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
davidj

Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Rob_Che

ah... tranquility.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:19 AM   #9
up4dw

davisj
I don't think vicinity is all that important. Time zone well maybe. remote desk top or go to my pc or even just phone consultation is kind of what I am thinking. Budget? I don't know what ever is fair. I am not a cheap bastard but can appreciate a good deal.

Corrosive
Yea I know but I just want someone to get me on the fast track. I am not looking for a career in web publishing just want to get what I want done done. I have businesses to run. On the other hand I know what I want and I need to be hands on.

Rob
for the most part my site is css driven however it is a mess. I have more than one style sheet.I even have some css in the template and on some of the pages here and there. Needs some tidy up. What I am referring to on the page is the tubular data. The tables getting rid of them and the bulky code. However I need to be able to add and remove cell like containers or blocks at will.

davidj
I hear what your sprayin only more like 25 years.

Rob Che
Yea know what you mean. I am the it guy at my companies.

davidj
I just want to tweak the look and add content and learn a little every day.

Maybe what i need is not a tutor but someone to clean up my act and teach me a thing or to in the process. Another words go in clean up my site, sites and help me to maintain best or at least good housekeeping and help me to understand why I have some of the problems I do. I have a lot to do and want to do it without the steep learning curve.

After I get www.hardydiesel.com cleaned up I want to do a very similar site for hardysolar.com. I have started it already www.hardysolar.com/solar-san-diego I want to get rid of my x-cart and go html. Maybe add some basic cart features afrter the fact. My stuff is high dollar and most people wont buy without a phone call but some might. The most important thing is getting them there. I do good on google. try the term DIESEL GENERATOR in google. My goal is a site your grandfather could navigate with a 486 running windows 3.5

Loren

Solar Electric

Last edited by up4dw; 02-22-2009 at 05:37 AM..
up4dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #10
Rob_Che

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4dw View Post
Maybe what i need is not a tutor but someone to clean up my act and teach me a thing or to in the process. Another words go in clean up my site, sites and help me to maintain best or at least good housekeeping and help me to understand why I have some of the problems I do. I have a lot to do and want to do it without the steep learning curve.
It sounds like time to hire a web guy You haven't mentioned budget yet but I can't imagine you will get what you need for free. We'll help, no problem but what you have planned sounds more involved.

RC