logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Community Talk > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
Tim1981

Default Starting from scratch in Dreamweaver

Hi, I have been browsing these forums for the last couple of days because I have recently purchased Dreamweaver.I am a complete novice and am looking for a good starting point for learning the different aspects of the software.

I was hoping to find some good video tutorials for beginners.Could someone direct me to some links for video tutorials.I have been told that Dreamweavermadesimple is a good place to start.Can anyone recomend this or should I look elsewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated
Tim1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
domedia
Administrator

Make sure you look in the manual for how to at least set up a site first. This is a common noob mistake which will give you heaps of problems afterwards.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
78Vette

youtube has alot of Dreamweaver tutorials, and as the other dude said, setting up a site correctly is key.
78Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #4
infoweb

Default Getting started with dreamweaver

Hi,

Great to hear someone recommended DreamweaverMadeSimple to you, I'm the creator of it

78vette is right, there are some good vids on youtube. here's one showing you how to get started: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nkty3HvoNd8

You can get a good noobs step be step start here also: http://www.dreamweavermadesimple.com...reamweaver.htm

Hope this helps you get started

Mark
infoweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Tim1981

Thank you for the reply's, I have made a good start to my website.It is for my fathers building construction firm.I will post here when I have progressed enough for some feedback.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
Rob_Che

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim1981 View Post
Thank you for the reply's, I have made a good start to my website.It is for my fathers building construction firm.I will post here when I have progressed enough for some feedback.
Yeah do that... I'm sure we'll be able to give you some 'constructive' criticism...

Welcome
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
Tim1981

Well im sorry I have not got back to you earlier with the finished article but I am having a few difficultys.I have created my site in Dreamweaver and it looks fine, the one problem I have is that the Template I used:

http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/...ead.php?t=2471

Once i go to my live site the template does not show up in the background, it just shows a white background instead.Is there a way of working in dreamweaver while showing what it will look like online.

I spent quite some time getting it right in Dreamweaver only for it to look completely different once I bought a domain and webspace.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Rob_Che

Did you preview it in a browser - this is simple. Just press F12 whilst in DW.

Other than that, eg if you have dynamic code, you'll need a local server set up or just upload it and keep checking it. I prefer to do it this way.
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote