logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Web Design
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
gpo

Question Nightclub Calendar Dead Space

This is an odd one. I manage an online tabled calendar in Dreamweaver. I'm on a PowerBook running OS X 10.5.5, and the entire site was imported from GoLive before I came on board.

The issue I have is that at the bottom of the page there is dead space after the content comes to an end. As a matter of fact there's as much dead space as there is content. IE on Windows seems to be the only browser that is immune to this. I have combed through the code and can not figure it out.

Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.
gpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpo View Post
This is an odd one. I manage an online tabled calendar in Dreamweaver. I'm on a PowerBook running OS X 10.5.5, and the entire site was imported from GoLive before I came on board.

The issue I have is that at the bottom of the page there is dead space after the content comes to an end. As a matter of fact there's as much dead space as there is content. IE on Windows seems to be the only browser that is immune to this. I have combed through the code and can not figure it out.

Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.
Your containing table has
Code:
height="5918"
in it. This might be causing your dead space.

My advice is to learn some more Dreamweaver and rebuild this page using CSS. It is simple and would be a good project (sorry, I am assuming you are new to this).
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
gpo

Thanks Corrosive. I have edited the height in the past to no avail. I took your advice and also checked the code at the bottom of the page and it appeared that there was code there from an old data-less Component from GoLive that had a height of 3557! After deleting it, the page now displays properly. Thanks.
gpo is offline   Reply With Quote