logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Dreamweaver General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
JimK
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 3
Default Newbie inherits site: how to inventory what I've got?

I've just learned how to spell Dreamweaver. How do I take an inventory of
what "components" are included in the site I've inherited?
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
Corrosive
Corrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
I've just learned how to spell Dreamweaver. How do I take an inventory of
what "components" are included in the site I've inherited?
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum and DW.

you need to set up the site (under 'manage sites') in DW using the details and password you will have from your provider. Then 'synchronize' site and select 'get files from remote server'. You should then have all the site files you need and will be ready to add/change them in DW.

Cheers
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
domedia
Administrator
domedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,730
Default

And this is all covered in the first chapters of the manual. RTFM
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
JimK
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks domedia. Whats the name/id/ISBN of TFM that I'm supposed to R?
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #5
JimK
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks, Corrosive. Can I presume that the files are enough to glean the structure, whatever that means in dreamweaver, of the site. My background wants me to see some kind of program listing, compiler output, object dependency, tree structure, or whatever it takes to understand both the "big picture" and "program details". Am I way off base here? Am I expecting too much/too little?
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 AM   #6
domedia
Administrator
domedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Thanks domedia. Whats the name/id/ISBN of TFM that I'm supposed to R?
It actually ships as part of your software You can access it from DW's menu, it has a F key shortcut.. forgot which one.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:13 AM   #7
d a v e
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: finland
Posts: 1,684
Default

f1----------------
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 AM   #8
Corrosive
Corrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Thanks, Corrosive. Can I presume that the files are enough to glean the structure, whatever that means in dreamweaver, of the site. My background wants me to see some kind of program listing, compiler output, object dependency, tree structure, or whatever it takes to understand both the "big picture" and "program details". Am I way off base here? Am I expecting too much/too little?
You'll be able to view a site structure in one of the panels on the right hand side of the screen. I forget which one but should be in 'TFM' as Domedia pointed out. Should give you a good idea. You could also run a free sitemap generator and use that as well.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 DreamweaverClub.com