logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Photoshop
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
africano

Default Hip-Hop Concert Poster-any good-

Hi some of you already know Im making a poster for a local concert. I decided to have a go because the previouse poster wasnt all that good(so I guess the entries aint going to be that good anyways!)

I can send two entries, yesterday I just sat down and made this one:
Let me know what you think, I dont think its to bad but Ive gotten mixed opinions. Im thinking of going for a more conventional style poster for the second entry.(found out late so not much time)
http://www.elchevirtual.com/Poster6.jpg
http://www.elchevirtual.com/Poster7.jpg
http://www.elchevirtual.com/Poster8.jpg

Here is the link to the old poster comp winner:
http://www.elchehiphop.com/archivos/...rtel17Mayo.jpg
africano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
Rob_Che

Hey Africano...

I don't see any differences in the posters (other than the darkness of the background)

I only have one reservation (I quite like the feel of it) and that is that it isn't very 'dynamic' - The text is very small. The whole purpose of a poster is to grab people's attention and tell them what's going on very quickly.

Without an immediately recognisable image to draw you in nobody is going to spend the time to read the text that small.

By the way, What did you do and what is stock images ?

RC
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
africano

Thanks for the comments Rob_Che.
Regarding the text, it is small, but not if you view it at 100%...thats why I was asking the questions. How Am I supposed to know what text size to use? How is it going to be perceived.....you see what I mean?

Im going to try and play around because your right there isnt a central recognizable image that draws you in. And I dont think the structure is very good regarding layout.

Again your 100% right, the images are from Photoshop Brushes, the text is from a graffiti font I have, so just played around with those. The background I drew the grafitti tags and played around with opacity, modes etc.

Out of curiosity would a real(I dont consider myself a designer) designer draw a design in photoshop(how) or on paper and scan..whats the process?

I just played around with the resources I have, photoshop brushes,shapes,etc
africano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
d a v e

er, print it out then you can see how big it is (even if you have to reduce it a little to fit on the paper you still get quite an ok idea
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by africano View Post
Thanks for the comments Rob_Che.
Regarding the text, it is small, but not if you view it at 100%...thats why I was asking the questions. How Am I supposed to know what text size to use? How is it going to be perceived.....you see what I mean?
Hi mate. I thought we'd covered this yesterday. If you work at 300dpi then zoom to 50% or 25% to fit it on your screen. The text size will not change in relation to the edges of your page. so you will be able to see how it works with the rest of the poster. Rob is 100% right, the text is too small at the moment.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
Rob_Che

Quote:
Originally Posted by africano View Post
How Am I supposed to know what text size to use? How is it going to be perceived.....you see what I mean?
Just look at the text in relation to the page - forget zoom level.
View the whole image, is it right for the size of the page.
FORGET how it looks on screen (size wise)

It's all relative Africano
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #7
chufboy

yep tiny text, had to get my bins out to see it! You need to get your head around RELATIVE sizing, then you wont need to blow it up or print it out to see if its the right size. Experience pays - for now, hammer your printer!
chufboy is offline   Reply With Quote