logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > HTML and CSS
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
up4dw
up4dw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 53
Default CSS font apears small in IE

For some reason my font looks fine size 42 in fire fox. However in IE looks very small. http://www.hardydiesel.com

@charset "utf-8";
.HomeHeader {
font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
font-size: 42px;
font-weight: bolder;
background-image: url(../images/textures/clouds/clouds_dark_gray.jpg);
color: #0000FF;
padding-left: 10px;
text-decoration: none;
padding-top: 0px;
position: static;
}
.CenterCell {
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;
padding-top: 0px;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
up4dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
domedia
Administrator
domedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,730
Default

"@charset "utf-8";" delete this
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
Corrosive
Corrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4dw View Post
For some reason my font looks fine size 42 in fire fox. However in IE looks very small. http://www.hardydiesel.com

@charset "utf-8";
.HomeHeader {
font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
font-size: 42px;
font-weight: bolder;
background-image: url(../images/textures/clouds/clouds_dark_gray.jpg);
color: #0000FF;
padding-left: 10px;
text-decoration: none;
padding-top: 0px;
position: static;
}
.CenterCell {
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;
padding-top: 0px;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
42px is pretty big!
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
up4dw
up4dw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 53
Default

Ok deleted it no change in IE. Any other idea's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by domedia View Post
"@charset "utf-8";" delete this
up4dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Corrosive
Corrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4dw View Post
Ok deleted it no change in IE. Any other idea's?
You've wrapped the text in an <h3> tag and I can't see anywhere that you've styled <h3>. I believe that if you don't style them you get default font sizes. Try styling <h3> in your CSS and see how you get on.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
up4dw
up4dw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
42px is pretty big!
Ok tried 32 what the hay. Even smaller in IE 7
up4dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
Corrosive
Corrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4dw View Post
Ok tried 32 what the hay. Even smaller in IE 7
Read my last post.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #8
up4dw
up4dw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
You've wrapped the text in an <h3> tag and I can't see anywhere that you've styled <h3>. I believe that if you don't style them you get default font sizes. Try styling <h3> in your CSS and see how you get on.
You lost me. How can you tell I wraped the text in an <h3>

Woud it be easier to unwrap it?
up4dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
Corrosive
Corrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by up4dw View Post
You lost me. How can you tell I wrapped the text in an <h3>?
Errrm, view > source in my browser.

Quote:
Would it be easier to unwrap it?
Maybe, or you could add...

Code:
h3 {font-size: 42px;}
...to your stylesheet. Either way should do it. If that doesn't help I am fresh out of ideas!
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #10
domedia
Administrator
domedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,730
Default

Not sure either..
except we know IE will not read XHTML, it will just treat it as HTML. But since I don't usually write XHTML, I have o idea if this is the cause.

Rant: why oh why do people, and there's many of them, still create XHTML pages when there's no IE support for it.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 DreamweaverClub.com