logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Fireworks
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
malhyp
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 115
Default Images Pixelating when Skew or Distort

Hi there, we are using Fireworks CS3 to create some web images and noticed that when we Skew, Distort or Rotate an image that is 250px x 150px it distorts very badly.

After Skewing, the edges and lines are straight but pixulated. Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong?

If possible, we would like to Rotate an image by 10deg and keep the straight lines etc.

Cheers
n
Thanks
malhyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
domedia
Administrator
domedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,730
Default

Can you upload an example? I think what you're seeing is normal. Unless a line is 100% vertical or horizontal, you're going to see some pixels. It's the nature of how monitors are made. This happens when you have a really thin line. This is the only way the monitor can draw the line.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
davidj
davidj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Toon (newcastle upon Tyne)
Posts: 8,256
Default

zoom into a circle and you will see that its not a circle really
__________________
Would you like to learn PHP from me? Check out -> www.codezenith.co.uk
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
Corrosive
Corrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malhyp View Post
Hi there, we are using Fireworks CS3 to create some web images and noticed that when we Skew, Distort or Rotate an image that is 250px x 150px it distorts very badly.

After Skewing, the edges and lines are straight but pixulated. Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong?

If possible, we would like to Rotate an image by 10deg and keep the straight lines etc.

Cheers
n
Thanks
Maybe Photoshop would handle this better? I don't know about FW because PS is my fave design tool but it tends to produce nice results for me when rotate, skew, warp etc are used.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
Corrosive
Corrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
Maybe Photoshop would handle this better? I don't know about FW because PS is my fave design tool but it tends to produce nice results for me when rotate, skew, warp etc are used.

Just realised that's pretty pointless if you don't have Photoshop. If you do, then use it.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
domedia
Administrator
domedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,730
Default

Doesn't matter which app you use, the image will still be displayed using pixels :-/
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
malhyp
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 115
Default

I have attached some examples for you to see.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b4.jpg (12.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (16.7 KB, 7 views)
malhyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #8
Cary
Cary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 723
Default

You should start with a larger version of the image, skew that, and then scale down to what you need.
Cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
Rob_Che
Rob_Che's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary View Post
You should start with a larger version of the image, skew that, and then scale down to what you need.
Beat me to it.
Rob_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:37 PM   #10
malhyp
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 115
Default

Thanks

I tried using larger image and it worked better. I then tried using Photoshop and got a better result again.

Combination of the both worked just perfectly.

Nor sure why but for some reason Fireworks dosent handle my images that well.

Cheers n thanks for your help.

Mally
malhyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 DreamweaverClub.com