logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Spry
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
laawaaris

Default Spry Drop-Down Cut-Off in Mozilla

I am developing my website using Dreamweaver. I have implemented Spry Horizontal menu for navigation and created a page at http://silvercrystalstudios.com/wedding/index.html

If you look in IE the menu drop-downs for Portfolio and About work just fine.
However, in Mozilla - the same menu drop-downs are not functioning correctly. They are cut off and you cannot see the full set of menu items.

The page is composed of 2 components - the Spry Menu and then a Flash Photo Gallery called SimpleViewer (www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/)

In order to display the drop-downs correctly in Mozilla, I have to create more space (blank lines) between the Spry Menu and the Flash SimpleViewer. However this causes unnecessary space and the photos are cut off the page.

Does anyone know what can be done to fix this?
laawaaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 AM   #2
edbr

you are using absolute divs with fixed heights, and i would think your problem lies here. try relative divs with height set to auto perhaps

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:20 AM   #3
laawaaris

What DIV should i convert to absolute?

I removed the AP DIV entirely, as i thought that would be a good first test

After I removed the AP DIV, the menu shifted back over to the very left of the page - which is expected due to the removal of the DIV tag.

However, I was expecting to the menus to function normally in Mozilla and they were still not rendering correctly. I am not too certain what to change to fix this problem.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:24 AM   #4
laawaaris

Here is what I have tried after removing the AP DIV at the top (which was in ABSOLUTE mode).

1) Removed the code that would render SIMPLEVIEWER flash application. As a result, the Flash Photo Gallery was gone, and the menu rendered fine in Mozilla.

2) Added a long line of text underneath the Spry Menu. The Goal was to see if the Spry Menu would act correctly or not when objects were placed directly underneath it. Result was that the menu rendered correctly in Mozilla.

3) Added the Flash Photo Gallery called SIMPLEVIEWER back into the code. Result was that the Spry menu did not render correctly in Mozilla.

I think this has something to do with a flash application being placed in the same drop down space as the menu itself. However this works correctly in IE, so I dont understand the problem in Mozilla.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
edbr

sounds logical re division perhaps a seperate div for the viewer then.
Not sure moz problem but the drop downs are simply blocked by the viewer

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:19 AM   #6
ieguana

Default Spry cuts off menubar

I am having the same problem. Has there been a fix found for this? My issue is slighty different though....

I am trying to create a second level in the spry drop menu. Such as computer accessories > cables > USB cables. Since the standard drop menu only supports the main and 1st level of drop down, I added a second spry within the spry, having to move some of the ending </div> tags to allow these to appear in the same category menu.

Now is where the problem starts. The top level expands fine.
The second level spry menu pushes the lower menu bars out of the screen (in IE7)(overlaps the lower text in firefox).
If you expand all the menu images that appear and collapse the menu bar from the top level, then expand the top level again, it will display all the menu options. If you then collapse the secondard spry menu's, the area below the menu stay's there until the top level is collapsed.

I have suspected that the problem lies in teh DIV tags but can not pinpoint the exact troublespot. If anyone has any idea's please feel free to email me.

(site is http://test.ieguana.com)

Thanks
ieguana is offline   Reply With Quote