logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Photoshop
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
Interstellar Icon

Default Floating images in Photoshop

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to float images within text in Photoshop? For example, let's say I want an image in the upper right corner of the text box, and another image in the lower left corner. Is there a way to position these images within the text box so that the text flows around them?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Sam
Interstellar Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstellar Icon View Post
Hi All,

Is there an easy way to float images within text in Photoshop? For example, let's say I want an image in the upper right corner of the text box, and another image in the lower left corner. Is there a way to position these images within the text box so that the text flows around them?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Sam
Hi Sam. You can do this with CSS rather than in Photoshop. Try to do no (or as little as you can) text in photoshop. It just becomes a jpeg image to search engines and they won't be able to read it. Your client will NOT be happy

Search some tutorials on floating images using CSS.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Interstellar Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
Hi Sam. You can do this with CSS rather than in Photoshop. Try to do no (or as little as you can) text in photoshop. It just becomes a jpeg image to search engines and they won't be able to read it. Your client will NOT be happy

Search some tutorials on floating images using CSS.
Hi Corrosive,

I would normally do this in Dreamweaver, but I'm creating "mock ups" of all of the pages for the LCC site, per domedia's input. I assumed he meant to do these in Photoshop, since the next step is "Build out website". (See http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum...4&postcount=15.)

Do you think I'm supposed to be doing these in Dreamweaver instead? Lemme know what you think...

Thanks,
Sam
Old 06-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
Corrosive

Quote:
Hi Corrosive,

I would normally do this in Dreamweaver, but I'm creating "mock ups" of all of the pages for the LCC site, per domedia's input. I assumed he meant to do these in Photoshop, since the next step is "Build out website". (See http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum...4&postcount=15.)

Do you think I'm supposed to be doing these in Dreamweaver instead? Lemme know what you think...

Thanks,
Sam
Sorry Sam, misunderstood what you were doing.

Yes, mock it up in Photoshop as Dom said. Not sure PS will get text to 'float' like you need but I'm sure someone will know.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Interstellar Icon

Quote:
Sorry Sam, misunderstood what you were doing.

Yes, mock it up in Photoshop as Dom said. Not sure PS will get text to 'float' like you need but I'm sure someone will know.
Roger that. I hope someone may happen along with a tidbit or two, because I'm presently using the "resize text and reformat" method. Tedious, to say the least.

Thanks again for all of your help - I truly appreciate it.

Sam
Old 06-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
Corrosive

Quote:
Roger that. I hope someone may happen along with a tidbit or two, because I'm presently using the "resize text and reformat" method. Tedious, to say the least.

Thanks again for all of your help - I truly appreciate it.

Sam
I'll just drop a mail to my bro because he uses PS a lot more than I do.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Corrosive

Message from bro...

Morning dude!

Umm.. PS is hopeless for text. There's no wrap AFAIK, as it's not really designed with that in mind. You'll have to create layers of text and do it the hard way.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #8
Interstellar Icon

Quote:
Message from bro...

Morning dude!

Umm.. PS is hopeless for text. There's no wrap AFAIK, as it's not really designed with that in mind. You'll have to create layers of text and do it the hard way.
Hey Corrosive,

Thanks for trying. I did a search online and didn't come up with anything, either. I'm almost done with the mock ups for the pages on the LCC site, but hopefully I'll get it figured out before I start the next one.

Thanks again,
Sam
Old 06-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #9
domedia
Administrator

Corrosives 'bro' is right PS is not a text editing tool, so you'll have to divide into separate layers for text blocks.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by domedia View Post
Corrosives 'bro' is right PS is not a text editing tool, so you'll have to divide into separate layers for text blocks.
What's really amusing is when people get it the other way round. I find enough people in our office using Microsoft Word to arrange pictures, posters, presentations...Word is (barely) a typewriter!