logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Web Design
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
kitanja

Default help with slicing photoshop template for use with CSS

Hello again,
I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some resources to learn how to effectively slice up my photoshop template so that it can be put into a css style sheet in dreamweaver and thus be centred and adjustable. Once the image is sliced how can a style sheet be used instead of a network of tables. Thanks for any help you can offer
kitanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
domedia
Administrator

Hi Kitanja,
I think you have t learn CSS/HTML first. Once you understand how the markup works with CSS, it's much clearer exactly how you need to slice it up.

Anyone else have some good advice?
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Death Dream

I design my websites in photoshop and then slice them as I am coding. For the most part you will need to know HTML and possibly some CSS to do this as domedia said. If you don't know how to code you will end up making very large images that could be just 1px thick because you can make it stretch with code to appear longer.

If you know how to make tables like you said above then you shouldn't have a big problem getting it sliced up for CSS, they are the same thing as far as I have learned.

What I do is first, lets say you have a button made in PS and you want to make it an image. I would first take out some guides from the rulers and place then on all edges of the button. I then take the crop tool and make the box on the guides for the button that was just made, press enter, now your button is the only thing on the page. go to File > Save as for web. Save it as jpg or gif, whatever your preference is.

You now have sliced out an image. This might not be the way most people do it but it is the way I do so.

Then just undo the crop and you can go do another one.

If you got any questions on what other images you slice just say so.

~Death Dream~