logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Web Design
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
dazzclub

Default gallery options

Hi Guys and those Girls (are there any here?) i would like to know if you guys have ways of displaying a gallery on a page (of a website of course).

Let me clarify, i have clicked "see gallery here" link and it now takes me to the gallery page. So now i am looking at a page with loads of thumbnails. So obviously have to click on an image for a closer look, out pops a popup window.

Now i am guilty of this until i had found lightbox. Which is a neat way of display playing an image within the current browser, so no popups are activated. However after using this on at least two of the sites i have done. Its getting a bit stale. (Im not a programmer so i cant create a new method - but i have been training to be a programmer slash developer )

So do you guys and girls have your own method of displaying a gallery and how it functions? maybe you found a neat script that is totally different?

Im just trying to find out if there are anyother options out the beside having a popup window or using lightbox at all?

If you havent heard of lightbox i have provided the link for your to see it in action.

http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/
dazzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
domedia
Administrator

Try thickbox or any of the other implementations that is using jQuery
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
Torin

The funnest way to make a gallery (for me) is to have a bunch of thumnails surrounding a large image in the middle. When you mouseOver the thumbnails, the large image swaps to the larger version of the thumbnail.