logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Web Design
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
ArNy

Question web application ideas?

Iam building a application that helps web developers design website's.It would be appreciated if you(web developers) gave me some feedback on what you would like to see in a web developer application, that other applications dont. Iam asking you this because i could just develop a web developer application on what i think i could use to develop a website.Except it proallby will be only good for me , and maybe a few other people lol.But i want other developer's thoughts on what they want in a web developer application.

P.S. i didnt know were to post this except in this thread
ArNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
domedia
Administrator

'help web developers design website'
Can you say soe more about what you plan? This could simply be a tool to choose color scheme, you're being very vague, help us out a bit.
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:37 AM   #3
ArNy

Quote:
Originally Posted by domedia View Post
'help web developers design website'
Can you say soe more about what you plan? This could simply be a tool to choose color scheme, you're being very vague, help us out a bit.
its a application like ex.(dreamweaver)
Old 08-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
davidj

what are you doing this for

do you intend to sell it

if its a training project you have assigned your self i would drop the idea and choose something that people would want to use like a mail client with address book and todo lists etc

by asking what developers want in a development application you have shot yourself in the foot. Your drive when you create such a tool should be that others dont do a perticular job well or they are slow or lacking in power

This has been done many times and there is some good stuff out there. However every developer is different. I like using Dreamweaver because i started with it years ago but now i just use it like an expensive note pad other devs at my work use VI from the command line and never use an IDE.

i have to ask why your doing this
Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #5
domedia
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArNy View Post
its a application like ex.(dreamweaver)
I know what an application is. I'm asking you specifically what kind of web development application you are making
Are you looking to make one that simply builds webpages, or something else specific, or are you looking for cool ideas for apps that would suit web developers?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
ArNy

Quote:
I know what an application is. I'm asking you specifically what kind of web development application you are making
Are you looking to make one that simply builds webpages, or something else specific, or are you looking for cool ideas for apps that would suit web developers?
its gonna be a desktop application like dreamweaver with more features, etc with it.

Last edited by ArNy; 08-23-2007 at 05:52 PM..
Old 08-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #7
domedia
Administrator

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArNy View Post
its gonna be a desktop application like dreamweaver with more features, etc with it.
That actually made me laugh a little, in a good way You either do not have a full understanding of DW's capabilties, or you're extremely self confident. Why don't you make an application exactly like DW, and then add more features afterwards?
http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe...r_overview.pdf
Old 08-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #8
ArNy

Quote:
That actually made me laugh a little, in a good way You either do not have a full understanding of DW's capabilties, or you're extremely self confident. Why don't you make an application exactly like DW, and then add more features afterwards?
http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe...r_overview.pdf
you must not dream big then.I use to be a web dev a couple years ago, all of DW features arent complex i know what it lacks and i know how to make it better.ive been playing with DW cs3 a little bit and they still lack features.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #9
d a v e

"you must not dream big then.I use to be a web dev a couple years ago, all of DW features arent complex i know what it lacks and i know how to make it better.i"

so why are you asking us then ?
d a v e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #10
ArNy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d a v e View Post

so why are you asking us then ?
if you read my statement it says "a couple of years ago" i dont remember alot about web development.