logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Video Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
ali_b

Default Video Tutorial Request

Hello,

I was just thinking of a couple of tutorial that would be very useful to me and probably useful for other people too.

I was thinking how about another part to the log-in tutorial which tells us how to get people to register and cancel there registration etc.

Another Tutorial i would find really helpful would be a news system, emm so that you could just type your news into a input field then it would be put into a database and displayed in the home page, i think i might be able to work that one out, but i think i would get stuck on making a thing that lets users post a comment below the news, allowing them to say what they feel.

Cheers,

Ali.
ali_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
davidj

Quote:
Another Tutorial i would find really helpful would be a news system, emm so that you could just type your news into a input field then it would be put into a database and displayed in the home page
the tutorials provide a foundation of available database interaction. You learn through the tutorials and take the functionality and turn it into your own applications.
Quote:
I was thinking how about another part to the log-in tutorial which tells us how to get people to register and cancel there registration etc.
Again, take what you have learned and adapt it

to register they have to fill in a form which asks them for there username password

you update a user table with the information then use the user table to log on as the tutorial explains
Old 06-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Mark_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_b View Post
Hello,

Cheers,

Ali.
Using part 9 and 10 of the 'PHP - A Beginners Guide' will help you with this. I have taken aspects from the 'PHP - A Beginners Guide' myself and configured the registration. Part 10 will also help you with allowing users to delete themselves.

If you havent been through 'PHP - A Beginners Guide' then I would highly recommend it as it is invaluable.
Mark_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
ali_b

cheers, ill go and have a look at that
ali_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
wellwisher

Thumbs up very good idea..i hope its for JSP..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_b View Post
Hello,

I was just thinking of a couple of tutorial that would be very useful to me and probably useful for other people too.

Another Tutorial i would find really helpful would be a news system, emm so that you could just type your news into a input field then it would be put into a database and displayed in the home page, i think i might be able to work that one out, but i think i would get stuck on making a thing that lets users post a comment below the news, allowing them to say what they feel.

Cheers,

Ali.
this would be a very useful tutorial..can u make a tutorial in JSP for this? thank you very much in advanced..
wellwisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #6
davidj

no JSP guru on here am afraid
Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
wellwisher

Unhappy awww..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
no JSP guru on here am afraid
thats really heartbreaking..i hope JSP masters could make tutorials..there is really a lack of tutorials for JSP..i really need to learn JSP for my thesis..can anyone help me find tutorials for JSP?(video tutorials would be nice)
thank you again in advanced..
Old 06-28-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
wellwisher

Thumbs up thank you for the links..

thanks for the links..it really helped me...i hope more links will come..lol..