logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Hand Coders Forum > General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
mangofreak

Default conditional display of a popupmenu item

Hi all,
I'm using DW8 and Classic ASP plus the javascript that DW8 produces.

this is my problem:

I want to restrict access to this menu item:

mm_menu_0126123852_0_1.addMenuItem("Committees","l ocation='pdf_docs/COMMITTEES.pdf'");

and onclick activate this:

onclick="MM_popupMsg('You do not have access to this section. If you are already a member, please Login. If you are not a Member, please sign-up for an application in the Membership section. Thanks.')

So far I have restricted the access to the menu item :

mm_menu_0126123852_0_1.addMenuItem("Committees","l ocation='<% If Session("MM_Userauthorization")<>"" Then %>pdf_docs/COMMITTEES.pdf'<% End If %>");

but launching the message is what i do not know how to do. I had tried in various ways with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Javier
mangofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
mangofreak

Thanks to all readers of my message. I solved my problem by just redirecting the non members to a page with the same message that i had intented on the alert. It works beautifully and I don't have to mess around with the javascript of the popup menu. That's my code.

mm_menu_0126123852_0_1.addMenuItem("OEL&nbsp;Provi ncial&nbsp;Committees","location='<% If Session("MM_Userauthorization")<>"" Then %>pdf_docs/OEL PROVINCIAL COMMITTEES.pdf<% Else %>error_msg.asp<% End If %>'");

For some reason the following code doesn't want to launch the MM_popupMsg
If anyone has a theory, please let me know. In the meantie my problem is solved.

mm_menu_0126123852_0_1.addMenuItem("Committees","l ocation='<% If Session("MM_Userauthorization")<>"" Then %>pdf_docs/COMMITTEES.pdf' <%else%>MM_popupMsg('You do not have access to this section. If you are already a member, please Login. If you are not a Member, please sign-up for an application in the Membership section. Thanks.');<% End If %>'");
mangofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
domedia
Administrator

Glad you found the answer Javier. Unfortunately we don't have many ASP users here, but maybe if you stick around, we can change that?
domedia is offline   Reply With Quote