logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Photoshop
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #1
JohnnyFever

Default newbie help...

Hi all,

Just found the forum the other day and I think it's going to be a big help!! Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials that will teach me how to make elements for my website with photoshop (using dreamweaver to build it). i.e. Header, Navigation Buttons/Bars, etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
John
JohnnyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
davidj

My design process is like this....

first design the site in photoshop as a flattened image. This is the layout stage where you can design and position text, forms, banners and navigation etc. You choose your colours and create a theme or feel then sit back and look at what you have created. Then try different nav positions or text positions. Just move stuff around and tweak stuff. When your happy start slicing the image up using photoshop slice tools. using your slice tool slice up any banners, nav bars, content areas (Remember that any form elements and text placeholders will be created in HTML therefore you have to discard stuff that will become HTML although it is best to still slice a blank area where HTML will be placed as this blank image will be deleted later on leaving an empty <TD> or <DIV>)

once you have what you want then export slices from photoshop in either Tables or Layers (CSS). You can now use this rough page and start shaping it in dreamweaver to get a base for all the other pages. This could become a Template which is where your whole site may be born from or just use this as a guide by saving it off under different document names and then linking them all up together
Old 02-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
JohnnyFever

Ok well here is my site I have been playing around with. I will eventually be putting pictures on it with some text on the first page. Now can I create the center part (with the pattern) and the logo in photoshop and then add the text and navigation in dreamweaver? Can I create a place for the navigation (either side bar or a bar where I have it now) and add text like I have it already? I have never used slices as I am completely self taught with both dreamweaver and photoshop.

Last edited by JohnnyFever; 02-07-2007 at 12:35 AM..
JohnnyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #4
davidj

take this back to the drawing board and spend some time learning the basics

dive into photoshop and follow the slicing tutorials

i have provided a look at one of my early concepts which didnt make the grade

This is stage 1 in photoshop (note the slices around each element)

Last edited by davidj; 03-25-2009 at 01:50 AM..
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote