logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > SEO
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #11
edbr

thanks and yes i do, but you got me embarrassed that i have multiple H1 tags. I dont so i dont have to bang my head against a solid object.
as for h2 tags i have 6 and h3 8. as far as ive read there's no conflict with this are you saying theres a limit ?

Matt cutts is good to check from time to time but frankly i wonder if he should be considered without some caution, I may be cynical but i wonder if there is a smell of google smoke being blown up selective orifices.

I thank you for your suggestions though Its good to have other viewpoints. and i just noticed a bunch of text i added is not there so i have obviously over saved an older version, not for the first time as i added it live on the server.

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 03-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #12
edbr

just an added thought I am considering a domain move to a domain i have had for a while with a better name (no concord) but still hyphenated. i know it is claimed that a 301 will pass existing juice But do you lose on domain age and some links. Is this wise . love to hear some opinions on that

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 03-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #13
johnMoss

Well the fact that you have a bunch of good content on the index page is a big plus in my book. I don't know specifically how far into the code they've set the bots to go, so general rule the higher the better SEO-wise. In the copy I sent you I did tone down here & there what I felt to be an overuse of keywords. You may opt to change a few things... The grammar is set to American English; if your customer base is predicated toward British English you might swap a few words back...
Old 03-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #14
edbr

right still havent had time to get to checking your suggestions but i will. my market is largely Australian, Asian and Europe notably dutch providing 25 % of visitors. but that's a whole different kettle of salted herrings.

Re keywords mostly these are generated dynamically re links so its not as simple as changing individually. I had in the past researched keyword repetitions and can see little if any penalty for over usage by google, infact I have changed ranking position considerably by changing them in the past. one example, i changed was a price per night on each villa on the links leading to a overuse of beds, per and night in keyword density which certainly gave me an unwanted item , similarly pernacht on the dutch version

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #15
johnMoss

Just saw your URL thoughts. My vote is change it, definitely... Age is not helping in this case...
Old 03-20-2012, 02:08 AM   #16
edbr

thanks John, i'm still on the fence about it though. a couple of the best ranking sites for these keywords are Pambali and indovillas, i realise of course there success id not based on purely onpage , and a very succcssesful operator ranks nowhere ( with any) with balivillasworldwide. Biggest success comes from adwords for most

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #17
johnMoss

Well one thing for sure; strongly advise you peruse the copy I sent you & plug it in... Good stuff. Not that I'm biased or anything
Old 03-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #18
edbr

i will john i have an enforced long weekend coming up the day of silence so i will get to it then i suspect

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #19
domedia
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbr View Post
i realise of course there success id not based on purely onpage
That is an understatement.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #20
edbr

yes Dom im a very subtle guy, you probably noticed
It is all a interesting game playing with onpage but its real impact is overated i feel. especially by these online analising doofers, Dublin core? really?
"yes Virginia there is a river Liffey"

i rank ok on more niche terms but i just originally asked the question about the bali villas and balivillas difference as im curious why the second, useless phrase, returns my site

indeed some high rankers that return Bali villas also return and some dont , that is actually what i was asking about as i cant see a logic in it.

Re the high rankers for this i see several factors that have worked for then , more than one have Very strong authority back links (which is what ive let slide a lot), incl DMOZ good aged domains etc. one has a prolonged campaign of spamming forums blogs etc (which is annoying) the one i mentioned that has no ranking, infact has been penalised by Google in the past get good results although at the cost of between 1-2000$ a month with adsense.
Anyway that was what i was hoping for ideas on in fact.
Any thoughts Dom?

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Closed Thread