logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Graphic Design > Web Design
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
kremo5le

Question Custom eCommerce Page + Other Requirements

Hello there,

My client has notified me that he wants a page added to an existing DW site. This page, basically, is for re-sellers to apply for an account which will allow them to purchase items at discounted prices and also, for the salespersons to use as their portal to have their customers sign up under a link that will let the system know the new re-seller has been referred by an specific representative (i.e. www.mysite.com/re-seller/john). Long sentence, I know.

Anyhow, I know I need a cart module and also some sort of login form. However, what's be the best way to do this? I attached what the client sent me.

Moreover, the client needs it ASAP. He mentioned January 1st, so this will include a speed factor as well.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

kRem
Attached Files
File Type: zip Resellers Setup Notes Forums.zip (5.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by kremo5le; 12-23-2008 at 12:16 AM..
kremo5le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #2
edbr

hows your database skills? if not so you would need to look at carts i guess , they would give an account for customers there are some login scripts around but this would not be a precise answer to what you want i think. maybe worth checking joomla modules

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
edbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:36 AM   #3
kremo5le

Arrow Dreamweaver + Joomla

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbr View Post
hows your database skills? if not so you would need to look at carts i guess , they would give an account for customers there are some login scripts around but this would not be a precise answer to what you want i think. maybe worth checking joomla modules
Hey there,

I'm not an expert with db, and I don't want to be. However, I was thinking about converting the template into Joomla!, and use Joomla! for that specific page only. This way I can just look for the different modules I will need. However, there are other things to consider, and I don't know if Joomla has modules for this. For example, the reseller will need to meet a yearly purchase criteria to be able to continue buying ($1000 per year, for example).

Anyhow, what do you think?

kRem
kremo5le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 AM   #4
edbr

hm unlikely i would think Joomla is great for gretting a dynamic site up quickly, down side is not soo easy to manipulate to exactly what you want, still there are a lot of modules I guess. re buying criteria maybe you could find something with changeble levels. i thinks as i said time is not your friend here, a simple multi level membership script , have a look at login redirect, sorry dont have a link.

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 12-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #5
edbr

just remembered, login script has a auto redirect based on level so you could re direct customers based on your criteria to different pages

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 12-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
davidj

Quote:
Moreover, the client needs it ASAP. He mentioned January 1st, so this will include a speed factor as well.
your client is taking the piss

He is using your inexperience to his advantage and its you who has to deliver on these unrealistic deadlines

as a developer you need to own the project and provide accurate delivery dates

If a client respects your ability then he will accept that what he wants and what he gets is going to be different

your the technical expert so its your job to steer the project and deliver a robust, professional product.

I would estimate the end of Jan for this development and this is a tight deadline.