logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > SEO
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
CSR

Default Help with Title / Description tags

Good Afternoon!

I am pretty new to Dreamweaver so please bear with me. I built a website for a property and serviced rooms company in Cambridge at www.cambridgeservicedrooms.com and have added Meta Title and Description tags and submitted my site to google etc. Although my site only shows up if I google the full address and even then it will not use my titles and descriptions. Any advice on how to get Google to use my tags? I have SEO rich content and have submitted my pages using Webmaster tools. The site has also been live for well over 2 months now, although it shows up as the no.1 result in Bing when using the keywords Cambridge Serviced Rooms!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 10-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
domedia
Administrator

It came up with meta and title and everything when I searched Google for 'Cambridge Serviced Rooms'. Not sure I see the issue here..
Old 10-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
CSR

Hi, Thanks for your reply, does it come up for you with the same Meta title and description tags that I wrote? Could it be specific to my computer / browser then because my website does not rank on the first 100 pages when I google the name.

<title>Cambridge Serviced Rooms | Serviced Rooms | Central Cambridge UK</title>
<meta name="description" content="Cambridge Serviced Rooms offers fully serviced rooms in the city centre. Visit our website or contact info@cambridgeservicedrooms.com for more details about what CSR has to offer">

I have reset the history etc. on my search engine and It still turns out old title tags and only when I google the full website do I get any relevant results. I did a cache:www..... search on the homepage too and the cached version of the site is from 07 Sep could this be the issue?

Thanks again for your help, sorry if my last post was not clear
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
domedia
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR View Post
Hi, Thanks for your reply, does it come up for you with the same Meta title and description tags that I wrote?
Yes, indeed it did

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR View Post
Could it be specific to my computer / browser then because my website does not rank on the first 100 pages when I google the name.
Possibly. Google Search is personalized and geographical.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
CSR

Oh, OK! Great, thanks for your help! Much appreciated!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
d a v e

If i were you, I would be much more worried about the awful code behind the site. you have almost 1000 lines of code before you get to the body. slicing psd's is not web design. absolutely positioning so many divs is also asking for trouble. (e.g. try increasing text size a little and 'see' the text disappear)

typographically it's not much healthier either: text is too small with insufficient contrast, fully justified text is harder to read and does not work well on the web and it needs more padding so it can breath. Italics should be used for emphasis, in small chunks when necessary, not as main copy. while i'm also offering suggestions... don't underline text unless it's a link

navigation should be text (you can use @fontface if you require a particular font that isn't 'web safe' (assuming you have the rights to the font or it is free)

your header (AND footer) image is a png when it should be a jpeg (and way smaller than 360 kb)

images: resize them to the proper dimensions, optimise them AND check the levels so they don't look so washed out
e.g. http://pp.kpnet.fi/prescott/stuff/cambridge1.jpg

a dutone might work nicely for the header image http://pp.kpnet.fi/prescott/stuff/cam-duotone.jpg
Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
d a v e

easier to read? http://pp.kpnet.fi/prescott/stuff/cam3.jpg
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
CSR

Hey Dave,

Thanks so much for your feedback, like I said I'm just a beginner so I will take all the help I can get! I'll work through the points you made and let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks again!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
d a v e

you're welcome - check back with any questions
Closed Thread