logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Dreamweaver General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2004, 03:33 AM   #1
underzen

I use Dreamweaver in code view almost 99% of the time. I find that sometimes I will be working on a piece of code and I'll highlight it with the mouse and then Dreamweaver crashes. I'll open DW back up and highlight the same piece of code and it crashes again with the fatal expeception error.

Anyone else seen this happen?
underzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
natimage

Hi.

I have not experienced your particular problem, but something similar. I've got a site that would crash everytime I tried to delete a file from within Dreamweaver, or view the assets. Something in the cache had a problem. I just deleted the site, then re-defined it yesterday, and the problem is fixed.

If you are experiencing this with more in more than one site definition, you might need to re-install DW. If you use snippets or anything else like that, be sure to back them up before doing the re-install.
natimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:54 PM   #3
underzen

I have tried deleting the site and reloading it but that doesn't work. I'll give reinstalling dreamweaver a try. Thanks for the tips!
underzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:34 AM   #4
RonCioffi

Dreamweaver crashes when I open my assets panel on my largest site, which has nearly 2,000 pages. It doens't crash when I open the assets panel on other, smaller sites.

Does one specific preference file affect one site or does the preference panel affect all your sites?