logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > SEO
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #11
johnMoss

Click on my link below and go down to the bottom of the page. Check out the woorank and SEOMoFo links. Run your site's respective info and all will be self explanatory. Number one thing you can do immediately is with the SEOMoFo. Your title should be keyworded to your target market, i.e. what search phrase would you have for people looking for your services? Keep it to 72 characters or less, which you'll understand as as soon as you visit those sites. For example 'Broome web design' etc... You'll see...
Old 11-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #12
Corrosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnMoss View Post
Check out the woorank
Great find John. Very useful
Old 11-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
johnMoss

It is, thanks... But a couple notes; Not even Wikipedia can score a 100 on this thing, which I assume they've reserved for God, Jesus, & Muhammed...
If you run their url you'll get rick-rolled too, so amusing. I'm curious though as to their possible relationship with Yahoo. They ascribe a lot of value to their directory, which conveniently now costs 292.00 a year to list. The DMOZ open source is (to me) far more valuable and free. Yahoo now stands at what, 17% market share? I'll pass...
Old 11-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
domedia
Administrator

Great stuff John. Do you know anything more about how WooRank works?
We got 66.1%. Not entirely sure what this means, but I didn't spend a lot of time there. It gave a nice list over things that might be missing in the report, which was very helpful.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
johnMoss

Post the url link on that 66 you got, I'd like to see that. 66 is darn good!
As far as how they work, it's really just intuitive off their category lists. What the scoring is relative to I think is the gist of your question, and for that I've no answer. I just use their free analysis. It's a killer sales tool; If that is your site that's getting a 66, you can walk a potential client through that right over the phone. I do that on every inquiry as I'm on the phone with them. Many sites from existing (non-customer) owners typically score in the high 20's to mid 30's. I'm still working mine, course it's a brand new site & all, but I'm up to 51.2 . A validation of your services et.al.
I'll tell ya though, what would be a REALLY good idea is to convert this DW club site to a .org that we could backlink with. Relative text to site design coming back at us from a .org and lightly keyworded into our respective site titles would be tremendously valuable SEO-wise to us all...
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #16
domedia
Administrator

It's this web site of course
http://www.woorank.com/en/www/dreamweaverclub.com

As far as I know, the TLD does not matter, as anyone can get a .org domain.
Can you back it up with a link? I'm pretty sure Matt Cutts said that TLD doesn't matter, but I'd have to look that up.

If it was .edu/gov it would make sense a little I guess..
Old 11-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
johnMoss

He did, but that reference was concerning the site in question, i.e. what you are creating.
http://www.seo.com/blog/conferences/...in-roundtable/

By converting this site into a .org, you would be creating a very valuable backlink resource. The prima facia SEO consideration as I understand it is a site's relevancy to the search query, of course determined by the algorithms. And they are definitely looking for those quality backlinks. Wikipedia is case-in-point. For information search they practically always turn up first. Note all the articles are backlinked out the wazoo, especially to themselves. In excelsius we are in the web design industry, linking to this site is one thing, having this site link back is quite another. This site is pure information relative to what we sell, being backlinked from it says the linked site is of enhanced informational value to the consumer. Converting it to .org is simply a healthy one-up; it tells the algorithm it is a non-profit. I have to assume that also in place with the Google algorithms is some type of mechanism to distinguish the fact that this site is the genuine article, 30K pages+... pretty much says it's definitely informational.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #18
domedia
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxTmZulcQZ0
This is just one of many(?) times he states that TLD does not matter.

.org is not for non-profits. It's open to anyone.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #19
domedia
Administrator

Actually the link you posted, it clearly reports on him saying that TLD does not matter too.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #20
johnMoss

You win. I wonder now if they may be referring to other lesser engines at this point, and also why they (Woorank) haven't moved to put a disclaimer on that. I do believe it was more relevant as soon as last year, but if these guys are in the SEO business you'd think they'd adjust it's value...