logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > SEO
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #11
johnMoss

Quote:
the more content then the more times a keyword can be repeated
Another valid point, yet a tightrope to walk on. Overuse = flag = boring copy. One might assume two references tops per keyword per x number of characters per tag. What would be the value of x?
I know I'm going overkill with this but as the overall quality of website code evolves, is it not fair to assume heretofore lesser concerns will rise in value, and probably sooner as opposed to later?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:43 AM   #12
edbr

Quote:
Overuse = flag = boring copy
yes i get that although more content could also allow the keywords to be used in a natural way in cotent.
i am certainly not sold on this being true but it is interesting i think. overuse would depend on if evaluated as a number or percentage.

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 AM   #13
johnMoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbr View Post
overuse would depend on if evaluated as a number or percentage.
That's an interesting thought. My assumption though is it's already via both. Now we have an x & y. I need a beer....
Old 03-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
domedia
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWcourse View Post
I don't have any definitive data but my strong feeling is that this is a very minor factor. Although Google does consider page loading time.
I think it's very marginal too. The key to great search engine rankings is and has (almost) always been writing great stuff that is relevant, that people want to link to, and talk about in tweets facebook etc. Content is still King
Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #15
DWcourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by domedia View Post
I think it's very marginal too. The key to great search engine rankings is and has (almost) always been writing great stuff that is relevant, that people want to link to, and talk about in tweets facebook etc. Content is still King
I believe content is king and quality content is the best practice but it's not secret that Google has a problem with "content farms" that produce tons of low quality content and manage to get it ranking. One big element of the puzzle is links. Great content is one way to generate links but there are plenty of other ways (some legit, some not) that also work.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #16
domedia
Administrator

Quote:
I believe content is king and quality content is the best practice but it's not secret that Google has a problem with "content farms" that produce tons of low quality content and manage to get it ranking..
The question is how many of google search results have this problem.
It seems like the huge majority get to #1 (or on the first page) because they belong there. They are the relevant search result, and I honestly think you just have to make your content relevant. If you think you can beat Google at their own Algo, go ahead. Some people manage to make it I'm sure, just be 100% sure this is the approach you want to make instead of long term.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #17
DWcourse

I'm talking about sites like Demand Media, eHow, Mahalo and others which have done very well in Google. Some of them were hit by the recent algorithm update. Other's weren't terribly affected.

My point is not that you should try to game Google but that inbound links are probably as important as the content they point to and you won't do well unless you concentrate on creating good content AND promoting it.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
domedia
Administrator

Quote:
My point is not that you should try to game Google but that inbound links are probably as important as the content they point to and you won't do well unless you concentrate on creating good content AND promoting it.
Right on, and often they are the two sides of the same thing. Good content automatically get more links, than a similar page with poor content. This is the core of PageRank and why it has worked for Google.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #19
d a v e

@wdcbangalore - check the post dates - this one is 5 years old...
Closed Thread