logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > SEO
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
SsapS

Default On the right track?

I haven't done keywords or meta tags up and the site is really just in developmental stage(and yes I know I should have started from the beginning)

http://www.autodiagcartdev.com

Wanted an opinion on more experienced web designers then me about the density of my content and the usage of my headings etc.

We are selling diagnostic scan tools to automotive repair shops.

Also whether or not my site layout is ok, I have tried only to go as far as 3 layers deep for the content.

Last edited by SsapS; 06-15-2011 at 11:58 PM.. Reason: random "A" =)
Old 06-16-2011, 03:51 AM   #2
domedia
Administrator

Hi Ssaps, just some quick things that I think you can improve based on first impressions.

The site kinda says (screams) 'template site' right away, and the header image looks a little out of place. As do the color combination red/grey/black/white, and also white text on grey.

Going into 'products' seems a little confusing, but I am *not* in your target audience (I don't know jack about cars).

The forum seemed completely out of place. Any way you can modify it to look like your site?

If you have more products/accessories I see no problem with going a level deeper.

I'm sure others might go more deeply into it, thick skin required

And welcome to the forums!

Old 06-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
SsapS

Thanks for your help !

I have read your post and have a couple questions.

1. Does the header look out of place because its not the same gradient as the rest of the area? Or simply because its plain and stand-out-ish?

2. What do you recommend in terms of the color of the texts? To be honest I thought white on grey looks pretty nice.

3. I understand where your coming from from a designers point of view, but I don't think car mechanics are going to recognize that the website is straight from a template. However, what are some options to veer away from the template outline? We were planning of creating an editable region possibly in place of the yellow Lamborghini, to match the context of the page your browsing. Any thoughts on the first steps to personalize the template a little more? The template (from adobe) has a template for the sub-pages as well, without the huge picture of the Lamborghini, I've been wondering if I should toss this into the mix.

4. Products - It may be a little confusing to the customers too. I was wondering if I should write out a description of what would be blatantly obvious to me, but not to some of my customers. Like "Select your choice of manufacture or by the diagnostic system(keyword target), then select 'go' "

On a side note, can anyone tell me why my jump menu's keep breaking in my chrome window? Its on the computer I am developing the website on, but on some of the laptops and other computers I use around the house never have any problems with them. I figure its something to do with stored history and cookies, is there a way I can make it so my browser doesn't hold cookies for my site?

Thanks for your time DWC! Thanks for your support !
Old 10-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
krzy

Header is out of shape because of different color and motive in comparison to the background. Text isn't nice looking - high contrast areas near by (black, white), no minimalism design. Different areas in different color, with variety of backgrounds and font colors and sizes. No text adjustment when you look at the site as a whole.
Closed Thread