logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > SEO
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
domedia
Administrator

I'm not sure about the difference in 'green widgets' and 'greenwidgets'. It's never come up as an issue for me, so I'm drawing a blank there.

In general, if you have a well formed, semantic document (looking at seoMoz is great advice), further on page optimization is going to give marginal results. The large weight of page rank does not come from there.

If you want to climb in the search result pages you have to focus your energy on off site stuff. Backlinks are key to how Google operates. It's the core of their PageRank algo, and is what set Google apart from the start. All modern search engines are following similar principles now.

So it seems at this point it's time to leave the code editor be, and work on your marketing. Get those strong backlinks, write a blog about hidden secrets in Bali, create the most amazing albums in Pinterest, where's your Facebook page, use Twitter to promote your blog posts, etc
Old 03-22-2012, 02:33 AM   #22
edbr

yes thanks sound advice. i still am curious about the as you put 'green widgets' and 'greenwidgets' its actually all im interested in being my original post.
I agree re seoMoz, which is why i have used it for a long time.
Bckliks are as you say crucial and is where ive dropped as many of my links were discredited by search engines. i let it slide as i get my inquiries fromother sources and other keywords that i do rank ok in but i agree its time to pay attention to it again.

other tools i like if any one is interested are
http://www.freewebsubmission.com/link-popularity.html for link pop check of yours and similar sites (3 at a time)

http://marketing.grader.com/ for a rundown on onsite stuff
I suppose woorank but it only allows a weekly report which can be annoying if you are tweaking.

these are just for rough guides not to be taken verbatim IMO

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 03-22-2012, 02:36 AM   #23
edbr

i should also add SEO SERP Workbench which is what made me curious when i missed the space bar and added balivillas instead of bali villas and got a surprising result

Flight / Hotel search
Free script download
Bali Villas
Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #24
samson smith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnMoss View Post
A few possibles?

1) Your URL could use Bali up front as opposed to following concord. Come up with something more search relevant?

2) Looking at your titling & desc. I felt it could use some changes, added below...

3) Although visually it's up top, the bots have to go as far as line 746 before hitting text. Maybe I'm wrong, I know they're going deeper into the page lately, but how far? Maybe a good idea to move the copy closer to the head in the script somehow?

4) I doubt it matters a lot, but the copy throughout the page is rife with grammatical errors. Use of syntax is off also.

Given the courtesies I've been given from the brass around here, I'm all too happy to pay it forward. I went in to your page and have made substantial copy edits. Have a looksee, re-edit as you deem necessary, and make sure it fits the page layout, I was careful to keep the character count very similar on any given line. I trust you'll find all in order & hope it helps...

P.S.
When I loaded this I exceeded the character limit by over a 1000. I'm putting the code in a second reply.
Very helpful information....
Closed Thread