logo-dw

Go Back   Dreamweaver Club Forums > Dreamweaver forums > Spry
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
glassonion

Arrow Spry Accordian Question - variable height for content and tabs closed to start

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to Dreamweaver, but I am enjoying learning it very much. I know this is a basic question, but I'm not finding anything specific online that will work for me.

I have a template built for pages where I wish to use a spry accordion menu in the main content area. I would like the page to open with all the tabs closed. Once the tabs are clicked I'd like the content area to vary depending on the amount of text. Right now, it seems to be a fixed height (some things are cut off and others have way too much blank space at the bottom.

I've come across some answers to this where you change the code to something like:

<script type="text/javascript"> var acc1 = new Spry.Widget.Accordion("Acc1", { useFixedPanelHeights: false, defaultPanel: -1 }); </script>

Since I'm new to this I'm not sure how to customize this or name it properly so it works on my page. My code currently looks like this:

<script src="../SpryAssets/SpryAccordion.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link href="../SpryAssets/SpryAccordion.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Thanks for looking!
glassonion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
gentleone

Hi glassonion,

That little piece of javascript that you've found should be altered somewhere underneath the HTML of that accordion (if I'm right). Do you have this somewhere online so that we can have a look? If not, post all the HTML of that page here in the thread.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
glassonion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleone View Post
Hi glassonion,

That little piece of javascript that you've found should be altered somewhere underneath the HTML of that accordion (if I'm right). Do you have this somewhere online so that we can have a look? If not, post all the HTML of that page here in the thread.
Hi gentleone,

Thanks for taking the time to answer o newb. I made a few changes this morning with some advice I was given on adobe, but I'm still having an issue. I created a template first and this page is from the template. Hopefully, if I did this right you can check out the page here

Thanks again!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
gentleone

If you go into code view you'll see at line 405 this:
HTML Code:
  <script type="text/javascript">
var Accordion1 = new Spry.Widget.Accordion("Accordion1");
  </script>
Replace that piece of javascript with this:
HTML Code:
  <script type="text/javascript">
var Accordion1 = new Spry.Widget.Accordion("Accordion1", { useFixedPanelHeights: false, defaultPanel: -1 });
  </script>
That'll do.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
glassonion

Excellent! Thanks so much!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
glassonion

It works perfect in Dreamweaver and on ie, but the panels no longer open in firefox though the content text shows superimposed over the other menus, etc.

Last edited by glassonion; 03-04-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
glassonion

Nevermind that last question, gentleone. I was able to get it working in firefox. Thanks again for everything - much appreciated.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
gentleone

No props... your welcome! And good that you sortied out the Firefox issue. Can you explain briefly what you did to solve it in case someone else runs into the same problem?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
glassonion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleone View Post
No props... your welcome! And good that you sortied out the Firefox issue. Can you explain briefly what you did to solve it in case someone else runs into the same problem?
Sure, I'm not 100% sure why this worked. But in the rule for AccordionPanelContent, under the positioning tab I switched visibility to visible (it was blank) and I set overflow to auto (it was set to visible).
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
gentleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassonion View Post
Sure, I'm not 100% sure why this worked. But in the rule for AccordionPanelContent, under the positioning tab I switched visibility to visible (it was blank) and I set overflow to auto (it was set to visible).
Good job! Thanks!